Railroad Forums 

• Farewell to Fellow Contributor and Friend, Jtgshu

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1210133  by srock1028

beanbag wrote:
ns3010 wrote:
beanbag wrote:Joe, or anyone who can help, do you happen to recall what engine was on the very last train he ran?
I do not know what engine led 5757 that night, but I can tell you that his last time in the seat was in 7038 on his X back to Raritan from High Bridge.

nick11a wrote:I think about the great life that he had so far, and the great life that he had ahead of him; his hopes and dreams, and I could just cry.
Couldn't we all...

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend John's services, but I know that it will be well attended, as he has many great friends, many of whom he met right here at Railroad.net, that already miss him dearly.
Thank you Joe for the information.. Srock, do you know which engine gave JT his final push down the rails on the 5757 X-turn last Wednesday night?
On Wednesday, August 21st, If the cycles played out like they are scheduled to, 5757 should have been the 4014-7055 set. If he was in the 7038 like ns3030 is saying, it would have been the 4002-7038 set.
 #1210155  by srock1028

beanbag wrote:Seeems fitting to use them both then as tribute engines. 4014 gave him his last ride in revenue service and 4002 gave him his last push down the rails in general. I will definitely be on the lookout for both PL42s in the future.
See the only thing here is it was either one OR the other. 4014 to High Bridge, 7055 back to Raritan. Or if things were out of wack, 4002 to High Bridge, 7038 back to Raritan.
I'm not 100% sure which one it was.
 #1210157  by ACeInTheHole

srock1028 wrote:
beanbag wrote:Seeems fitting to use them both then as tribute engines. 4014 gave him his last ride in revenue service and 4002 gave him his last push down the rails in general. I will definitely be on the lookout for both PL42s in the future.
See the only thing here is it was either one OR the other. 4014 to High Bridge, 7055 back to Raritan. Or if things were out of wack, 4002 to High Bridge, 7038 back to Raritan.
Oh.. Ok I completely misread it, I didnt see the "should have been" or "would have been" in your first message, early morning brain fart, my mistake, sorry. If Joe said 7038 was the cab then it was most likely the 4002.
 #1210184  by Fan Railer

beanbag wrote:
srock1028 wrote:
Oh.. Ok I completely misread it, I didnt see the "should have been" or "would have been" in your first message, early morning brain fart, my mistake, sorry. If Joe said 7038 was the cab then it was most likely the 4002.
http://www.railpictures.net/images/d1/3 ... 955200.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - A fitting locomotive to remember him by.
 #1210252  by blockline4180

srock1028 wrote:

Do you think maybe you guys can get NJT to put John's name under the cab of one of those locomotives?? I know the D&H, M&E and other railroads would name engines after people.... Or is this too much to ask???

I still can't come to grips with him being gone!! He is with us in spirit at least!!!
 #1210262  by Steve F45

blockline4180 wrote:Do you think maybe you guys can get NJT to put John's name under the cab of one of those locomotives?? I know the D&H, M&E and other railroads would name engines after people.... Or is this too much to ask???

I still can't come to grips with him being gone!! He is with us in spirit at least!!!
I think this should be done no matter what.
 #1210316  by ACeInTheHole

Steve F45 wrote:
blockline4180 wrote:Do you think maybe you guys can get NJT to put John's name under the cab of one of those locomotives?? I know the D&H, M&E and other railroads would name engines after people.... Or is this too much to ask???

I thid this motion and would personally chip in/buy outright (depending on cost.. Limited college budget here) the kit necessary to equip the #4002 with the decal in Johns honor, and hand it to an NJT employee here on the boards with access to the locomotive in question in a yard setting to outfit it. He died way too young, and touched the hearts of many, he NEEDS the tribute that his name on 4002's cab sides can provide.
 #1210325  by Kaback9

beanbag wrote:
Steve F45 wrote:

I thid this motion and would personally chip in/buy outright (depending on cost.. Limited college budget here) the kit necessary to equip the #4002 with the decal in Johns honor, and hand it to an NJT employee here on the boards with access to the locomotive in question in a yard setting to outfit it. He died way too young, and touched the hearts of many, he NEEDS the tribute that his name on 4002's cab sides can provide.
I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but, no. On behalf of my friend, no. He was not the kind of person that would want that done. John would rather see you all happy and better yourselves than worry about paying tribute like that to him. The best thing you guys can do is just keep the prayers coming for him and his family, and to cherish every day like it's your last.
 #1210326  by sullivan1985

beanbag wrote:I thid this motion and would personally chip in/buy outright (depending on cost.. Limited college budget here) the kit necessary to equip the #4002 with the decal in Johns honor, and hand it to an NJT employee here on the boards with access to the locomotive in question in a yard setting to outfit it. He died way too young, and touched the hearts of many, he NEEDS the tribute that his name on 4002's cab sides can provide.
NJ Transit has lost multiple very well liked employees this year alone to untimely deaths. NJ Transit does not name equipment after fallen employees and it would be unfair to others who have fallen to name one piece (officially or not) after one fallen employee.

Just enjoy the times you had, keep him in your thoughts, and live your life to the fullest.