Railroad Forums 

• Farewell to Fellow Contributor and Friend, Jtgshu

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1252013  by 25Hz

Seems i'm not the only one who keeps logging in expecting a gem of insight or humor from JT that will never come. Months later i find myself looking to see that username on most recent thread reply. You knew when you saw that, that it was worth looking at, even if it was on a thread you had little interest in.

Perhaps instead of a plaque or something, we could simply, among the railfan community, refer to PL42AC 4002 as "JT" and it will catch on. I know he mentioned a few times that his favorite were the GP40PH-2 (he mentioned a few units by number i believe?), mainly because "they just worked", but, in this case, 4002 does make the most sense.

Other than that, the best way to honor someone's memory is just being the best person you can be, and living life to the fullest.
 #1252092  by MBTA1016

25Hz wrote:Seems i'm not the only one who keeps logging in expecting a gem of insight or humor from JT that will never come. Months later i find myself looking to see that username on most recent thread reply. You knew when you saw that, that it was worth looking at, even if it was on a thread you had little interest in.

Other than that, the best way to honor someone's memory is just being the best person you can be, and living life to the fullest.
Agreed 25hz
 #1266340  by MBTA1016

The pic attached ACE gets the credit for(on the previous page). For me the green signal JT has there means two things. He has the rails to himself and can enjoy the ride and God is giving him the signal that JT is welcome home where he can be at peace. Still missing ya John. :(
Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg (101.53 KiB) Viewed 3033 times
 #1268924  by Kaback9

JT was a close friend and is missed sorely. I'm sure he would be happy to know so many of you have such wonderful thoughts about him. With all that said it's time to retire this thread. If you are just seeing this thread for the the first time and would like your message to be seen send me a private message and I'll add it in at a later date. For now though we move one.
 #1289514  by philipmartin

Today, August 26, is the anniversary of John Gaughran's death in 2013, at age 34. From the obituary, "He was a graduate with Honors from Seton Hall University with a degree in Management." He would have been an able manager with any concern.
His obituary in the Asbury Park Press: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/app/ob ... =166655816" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1289628  by MACTRAXX

PM: I will second this mention...JTGSHU will indeed be missed...

K9: This should be added to the locked "Farewell to JTGSHU" section as a revised memorial...

MACTRAXX