Railroad Forums 

• NS F-units and OCS in New York State - 8/22-25

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#959506  by K4Pacific

From Pennsy E-8s now to F-units. The NS OCS will operate with Wick Moorman on hand for the "opening" of Mechanicsville. Deadhead moves over the 22nd and 23rd out of Altoona, Harrisburg, Binghamton, up the CP to Saratoga and over to Ayer, MA. On the 24th, the train will run Ayer to Mechanicsville along with the Pan Am's OCS train as well.

But wait, that's not all. On the 25th, the NS OCS will Saratoga to Binghamton and then Binghamton to Bison in Buffalo for a shippers special. Enjoy.
 #959527  by K4Pacific

I would most certainly post it on that portion of the forum. Let the ballest settle and you will see the plan begin. Easy now everyone.
 #959570  by K4Pacific

I don't think I should have posted. I apologize.
 #959585  by charlie6017

Folks,

I am going to offer up something that has been on my mind for a bit of time. Mr. K4Pacific has been a more than a valuable source of information on here. From all I have gathered over time, it looks to me like he cannot "spill any beans", because it would affect his job. Given the fact that good jobs are more sparse than ever, I can't blame him for not saying more than he has. Asking weekly about any news for the east end is not going to make freight move across it any faster, and no one wants that more than me--wanting to plan a road trip across the state to see them. But making snide remarks to him is only going to alienate him further and we won't hear a thing.

Main point being, treat people the way you would want to be treated. Just because we are at a keyboard doesn't give us any less right to be cordial. Just something for us all to chew on for awhile.......

[/soap-box]

Charlie
 #959618  by K4Pacific

Thank you Charlie,

Let's talk F-Units and getting the Mechanicsville service lane started. NS Planner Tom Washbon worked hard on making the revival of Mechanicsville happen. He started as a Port Jervis yardmaster during EL. During CR, he tried to kill the ST Line East three times and each time it became a vital link. He says it will again. So chill. There are many people working steadily and methodically to make it happen.

Shippers will see the intrinsic value soon. The E-units showed again what we said is palatable. Hoboken (aka Newark, et al to Buffalo in under 16 hours. Kudos. (Yes Bath by 6pm, but tack on three for Bison).
 #959727  by Matt Langworthy

charlie6017 wrote:Folks,

I am going to offer up something that has been on my mind for a bit of time. Mr. K4Pacific has been a more than a valuable source of information on here. From all I have gathered over time, it looks to me like he cannot "spill any beans", because it would affect his job. Given the fact that good jobs are more sparse than ever, I can't blame him for not saying more than he has. Asking weekly about any news for the east end is not going to make freight move across it any faster, and no one wants that more than me--wanting to plan a road trip across the state to see them. But making snide remarks to him is only going to alienate him further and we won't hear a thing.

Main point being, treat people the way you would want to be treated. Just because we are at a keyboard doesn't give us any less right to be cordial. Just something for us all to chew on for awhile.......

[/soap-box]

Charlie
Agreed. Can we all play nice in the sandbox? K4 is a great source of information. Heck, I shifted my summer vacation by a day to accomodate the opportunity to chase the OCS on the Tier. I'd really hate to lose K4 as a poster! Instead of criticizing K4 or pushing him for more information on the east end of the Tier, let's thank him for sharing what he can.
 #959806  by Otto Vondrak

This thread is about the NS OCS movement next week. If you have other questions, please start a new thread.

And don't harass folks who decide to share information with us! I think that goes without saying. Or does it?

Let's move on. I'm anxious to learn more about the OCS move next week.

-otto-
 #959811  by malfunctjct

Extensive cleanup happening west of Binghamton on the NS. Weed spraying and other assorted cleaning of house that happens before the 'big boys' arrive. Surely looks like it will heads west from Binghamton.
 #961928  by Matt Langworthy

Hey K4 (or anyone else with an inside track), is there a timetable for the 25th? What time will the OCS leave Mechanicville, arrive in Bingo, pass through Gang Mills, etc?
 #962832  by K4Pacific

OK. OCS left Altoona this morning for Cleveland suprising me. So Buffalo Line and Southern Tier Line east it is. I'll whip up a sched as soon as available.
 #962840  by blockline4180

K4Pacific wrote:OK. OCS left Altoona this morning for Cleveland suprising me. So Buffalo Line and Southern Tier Line east it is. I'll whip up a sched as soon as available.

East of Binghamton too?????