• NS F-units and OCS in New York State - 8/22-25

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by SecaucusJunction

Northeast of Binghamton... It's headed to Ayer, MA.
  by K4Pacific

Whew SJ. I really need to more precise don't I? This is the beginning for you east enders. I'm telling you it's coming. Let's get this leg under the belt. BTW a derailment in Butler, IN will effect 206 and 22K this weekend.
  by blockline4180

Thanks... I'm sorry.. Jeez, just a question! No anger here!
  by K4Pacific

Tentative schedule coming shortly. It's all good blockline.
  by wurlitzer153

Any estimates for Cleveland departure?

BTW, a very late 22K just came through Mentor at 8:30 PM.
  by K4Pacific

On my other post, it went through Cleveland at 16:30. Should be in Bison Yard now.

22K and 206 will be 6 - 9 hours late due to a derailment in Indiana.
  by wurlitzer153

K4Pacific wrote:On my other post, it went through Cleveland at 16:30. Should be in Bison Yard now.

22K and 206 will be 6 - 9 hours late due to a derailment in Indiana.
Ok, somehow I missed them.

As I type, 206 is coming through Mentor 12 hours late...
  by scottychaos

So wait..is the NS OCS, with the F-units, running across the Southern Tier main, Buffalo to Binghamton, TODAY? right now?
im confused..
does this mean it wont be going the other way, Binghamton to Buffalo, on the 25th? or is that still in the schedule?

thanks,
Scot
  by K4Pacific

Easy Scott,

206 and 22K will be a daylight run down the tier due to a derailment in Indiana which is cleaned up.

It looks like the "DEADHEAD" move for the OCS is Sunday out of Buffalo with total daylight up the D&H A&S too. The Pomp and circumstance is still on schedule for the week.
  by Matt Langworthy

K4Pacific wrote:OK. OCS left Altoona this morning for Cleveland suprising me. So Buffalo Line and Southern Tier Line east it is. I'll whip up a sched as soon as available.

Thanks! I'll have Internet access until I leave for the Tier on Tuesday morning, so hopefully you'll have it up by then. :)
  by scottychaos

Thanks K4!
im totally "easy"! ;)
I wont be chasing this train myself..but I have family in Waverly I will want to update about it..
By "deadhead" move I assume that means the F-units will be tucked in behind standard NS freight units?
I dont understand what "206 and 22K will be a daylight run down the tier due to a derailment" refers to..What are 206 and 22k?
thanks!
Scot
  by malfunctjct

206 and 22K are eastbound intermodal trains that run normally at night, but due to a derailment in Indiana, they are running in the daylight. When he says deadhead, he means no one onboard the passenger cars. F's should be the only power.
  by Railroaded

Where is the OCS now (6:08 pm the 20th) ? Bison? If so what time would it leave down the Tier Sunday?
  by K4Pacific

Good Morning,

NS crew on duty. Expect to leave Bison between now and 8a. Expect Hornell at 10a, Gang Mills at 11, Elmira 11:30, Binhamton 12:30. Quite a rain event expected. Crew Change then up the D&H in daylight this afternoon. Pictures and vids please. And OS reports as it passes.
  by SimTrains

As of 11:30am Sunday 8/21 no movement from the OCS. Appears to be tied down at bison. No crew on board or activity around it.