• NS F-units and OCS in New York State - 8/22-25

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by K4Pacific

Roger that.

Tomorrow's another day.
  by K4Pacific

I'm calling the yardmaster. Line's busy.

I'll need to eat crow - a lot of it.
  by Mike Stellpflug

K4Pacific wrote:I'm calling the yardmaster. Line's busy.

I'll need to eat crow - a lot of it.
No problem K4, plans change without any advance warning. Just like the unexpected routing from Altoona to Cleveland to Buffalo.

Mike
  by K4Pacific

Mike, it's driving me nuts. But it makes me look like I "cried wolf". This is from NS too. Wednesday, 8/24, OCS Shippers special departs Mechanicville at 0800 for Bison Buffalo. But don't belive a word I say from NS officials. Geez. That's railroading. (You know there are a lot of crews off duty this weekend - could have been a factor - just sayin')
  by Railroaded

My whole weekend has been like that. Missed the OCS on the way in because I decided to cut the lawn instead of railfanning that evening, then missed out on a cool tug-barge that came in yesterday because it showed up a couple hours late and arrived at 11 PM, then missed it on the way out this morning because I was an hour late getting down there because I had to wait for DQ to open so I could buy my wife a birthday cake 4 days after her birthday, and then missed another tug with some barges because it was pouring rain and we decided to stay home instead. Hell, for all I know, there's probably an aircraft carrier pulling West out of Buffalo Harbor right now while a steam engine is pulling some passenger train special out of Depew Eastbound on CSX as I type this..........
  by K4Pacific

I'm not saying a thing until it clears Union Rd.
  by K4Pacific

You west enders. Thanks, but no thanks.

So I have a Binghamton crew marked up for the OCS tonight for BING-SAR. SO it's enroute. This is not a drill.
  by K4Pacific

Thank you all for your understanding about this morning. Who knew?! That's railroading. It's enroute. So I hope you can get some night vids or nice night stills at Prospect Ave. Stay clear though.
  by jadams02

From DH Yahoo News Group recieved via e-mail

Sunday: Depart Buffalo at 1800 hrs

Monday: Arrive Binghamton 0200 hrs (change crews), depart Binghamton 0210
hrs, Arrive Mohawk Yard 0700 hrs.

Train consist: 4 NS F-units A-B-B-A
NS Indiana
NS Illinois
NS Carolina
NS Georgia
NS #39 power car
NS Pennsylvania
NS Maryland
NS Alabama
NS Kentucky
NS Delaware
NS Buena Vista

At Mohawk, 2 of the units (an A & B unit) and the sleepers (head 4 cars)
will be cut and staged on the Mohawk Switching Lead.

PAS crew to be ordered 0700 hrs and depart Mohawk at 0900 hrs with the
balance of the train.
Arrive Deerfield at 1300 hrs, Depart Deerfield at 1430 hrs and Arrive Ayer
at 1930 hrs.
At Ayer, the train will be wyed and Pan Am locomotive and 2 business cars
will be added to the train.

Tuesday: Depart Ayer at 0900 hrs, Arrive Mechanicville 1515 hrs for an
inspection of the work in progress on the new yeard, depart Mechanicville
1530 hrs and Arrive Mohawk at 1605 hrs.
Pan Am power and business cars to be cut and return east. NS crew to add
the 2 NS F-units and 4 sleepers to the train and tie up at Mohawk for the
night.

Wednesday: NS crew on duty 0500 hrs, Depart Mohawk 0700 hrs and arrive
Binghamton 1155 hrs, Depart Binghamton 1250 hrs, Arrive Corning 1500 hrs,
Depart Corning 1530 hrs and Arrive Buffalo 1815 hrs .
  by Railroaded

She hammered out of town Eastbound on the S. Tier Line at 6PM this evening.

We caught up to the NS OCS at 5PM @ Bison's car dept. track (by the Ramp) while taking water before she backed out to the S. Tier Line. Oddly enough, the exact same thing happened the last time it was in town, and it was also the exact same thing that happened 2 weeks ago when we saw the PRR E-8's. Right as we get there, it's bright & sunny, and then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, an enormous black cloud came, obliterating the sun. Then it started to rain. In buckets. Unbelievable.

Here's Jr's video. You can clearly see the black cloud I'm talking about as it comes in. It's really strange how this keeps happening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJgss2hTScw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msfTPS4c5CQ

Luckily we didn't get too soaked. That cloud is weird, it's got me looking over my shoulder. Anyone ever see the movie "The Final Countdown"? What the hell?