Railroad Forums 

• SU99/SU100 Thread

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#728276  by Sid Farkus

Those cars were on Stourbridge. I'm assuming they are heading back to their owners.
 #728426  by ErieLimited2914

"That's my ride"

The L&N goes to Whippany, and 333 goes to Boonton (or was at Boonton), where does the Hickory creek go? And anyone know when theyre going to make the move?
 #771265  by MNR's #1 Conductor

That's an awesome photo set!! Every once in a blue moon I get to see SU-99 when at Ridgefield Park, mostly though I see WS-3, WS-4 or WS-5. Nice work, man!! :-)
 #777067  by apcjr01

I was skiing at Mountain Creek today and noticed a train on the tracks that had not moved for several hours. After i finished up i went to the former depot at Vernon Crossing Road and took a photo. At least one of the units was idling, but i did not see anyone in the cab. Anyone know what's up?

I tried to upload the image, but apparently the default resolution on my camera is too rich for this site. :-(
 #777209  by Kaback9

apcjr01 wrote:I was skiing at Mountain Creek today and noticed a train on the tracks that had not moved for several hours. After i finished up i went to the former depot at Vernon Crossing Road and took a photo. At least one of the units was idling, but i did not see anyone in the cab. Anyone know what's up?

I tried to upload the image, but apparently the default resolution on my camera is too rich for this site. :-(
The Southern Tier has been shut down due to the storm it will reopen today, NJT would not allow the NYSW onto the tier for this reason. The train has been sitting a few days.
 #777243  by scottychaos

apcjr01 wrote:
Im not sure how you were attempting to upload a photo to this site..
since railroad.net has no method to do so! ;)

but you cant upload any photo directly to a message..
you have to upload it to a photo host site, like photobucket, first..then you can add it to a message here..
and please re-size it first! ;)
640 pixels wide is perfect..

Scot
 #779017  by dutchboy

There are a couple of Vids on youtube of this train and just the engines clearing snow from the rails..I dont have the links to the vids but I guess the train had some issues with a car or two so they had to leave the whole train behind...
 #779094  by cjvrr

dutchboy,

It is my understanding that the following happened;

The crew picked up the train to proceed north on Monday. Somewhere around Warwick they hit another tree that pulled the cut lever on the final car and separated it from the train, dumping the air. After a long walk in the deep snow someone decided to get an NS maintainer to come out with a chain saw to clear the line north of Warwick of trees. However with the deep snow there was no way for a Hyrail to run the line so they used the engines from the SU-99 to plow the snow and get to the downed trees. By the time they got to Hudson Junction and back to the train the crew was short on time so they called it a day.

On Tuesday a fresh crew arrived and hauled the train to Binghamton.
 #779799  by sullivan1985

Took chase of the SU99. All pure NYSW power. 4 motors and 99 cars. Met them at Maywood, Oakland Bridge, Newfoundland, Beaver Lake, Vernon Valley, Sparrowbush, Hawks Nest, Lackawaxen and Narrowsburg. Paced them along the Delaware River for a bit between Hawks Nest and Pond Eddy.

Took a few more photos that need processing, but this is clearly my winner from the chase.

Enjoy! More photos to come.

http://sullivan1985.deviantart.com/art/ ... -156440669

Video too! Video by Jim Brennan (NJT 4111)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0dJUsuUjPY
 #779879  by sullivan1985

Kaback and Gulden caught the power at Little Ferry. They told me they where getting ready to leave. They came by me and we all moved to Maywood about 10 minutes before they showed. That was just after 5PM. We had them pretty close to us the rest of the way out to Vernon. We tried to catch them in Warwick but they had already come through town when we got there. Then of course I made a wrong turn and we end up in Washingtonville, NY. In that time they where run all the way to OV. Then we went to PO and hung out at CP Sparrow and waited... and waited... and waited... Just as we where about to give up and where driving away we spotted headlights at about 11:30. So we chased them out to Narrowsburg and ended the chase at about 1:30A.