Railroad Forums 

• SU99/SU100 Thread

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#793823  by sullivan1985

Why keep posting information about that same two threads into a bunch of smaller threads.

Anyways... Gave chase to the 99 on Thursday night from PC to Franklin Lakes. Really nice lashup!

NYSW 3012
NYSW 3022
NYSW 3014
NYSW 3012

Snagged two photos of the train. On at PC, Saddlebrook, the other at Franklin Ave, Franklin Lakes. Also got a video of parts of the chase that was shot by Jim Brennan.
 #794195  by charlie6017

I like this idea, Sully........in fact we'll make it a "sticky!"

Charlie
 #794210  by GOLDEN-ARM

if you're going to do that, you might as well merge the posts, and put them all in here.... :P
 #794344  by charlie6017

GOLDEN-ARM wrote:if you're going to do that, you might as well merge the posts, and put them all in here.... :P
Done deal.........at least took the first page of the SU99/100s and merged 'em! :-D

Charlie
 #794515  by GOLDEN-ARM

Charles in Charge!!! :-D
 #794610  by Steve F45

sullivan1985 wrote:
charlie6017 wrote:I like this idea, Sully........in fact we'll make it a "sticky!"

Charlie
Sweet! At first I was wondering where four pages came from in the matter of a day!
Me too. I was like holy crap this thread is popular today.

Anyway, sully nice vid and pictures. If I had a truck that got better then 11mpg i'de probably do some chasing myself. Been a long time since I ventured as far west as Hawthorne.lol
 #809689  by mainetrain

Saw what I believe to be SU99 thurs 5/20/10 through Warwick. A CSX SD40-2 was in the consist. Having injured myself in that nights softball game, I hobbled down to the tracks and snagged a video of the train as it crept through the Forester Ave crossing. Will upoad tonight
 #839945  by sullivan1985

mainetrain wrote:Saw what I believe to be SU99 thurs 5/20/10 through Warwick. A CSX SD40-2 was in the consist. Having injured myself in that nights softball game, I hobbled down to the tracks and snagged a video of the train as it crept through the Forester Ave crossing. Will upoad tonight
Yes. The CSX SD40-2 8828 has been on the NYSW for a few months now. I believe it was part of the equipment that was loaned to them from NS and CSX.
 #845102  by sullivan1985

SU99 from 8/30/2010. On duty @ 4:30P with a 5P departure.

3014 on the point with 8828 and 2732 trailing with 16 cars. At Lackawaxen they picked up a cut of Gondolas from the Stourbridge Line.

Photos from the nights run:
Snoot-Nosed Leader
Autumn By Night
Endless Skies Over Mill Rift
Lackawaxen Pickup
Lackawaxen Bridge

Enjoy!

More photos and videos to come from Kaback and NJT4111.
 #845799  by ErieLimited2914

sullivan1985 wrote:SU99 from 8/30/2010. On duty @ 4:30P with a 5P departure.

3014 on the point with 8828 and 2732 trailing with 16 cars. At Lackawaxen they picked up a cut of Gondolas from the Stourbridge Line.

Photos from the nights run:
Snoot-Nosed Leader
Autumn By Night
Endless Skies Over Mill Rift
Lackawaxen Pickup
Lackawaxen Bridge

Enjoy!

More photos and videos to come from Kaback and NJT4111.
Why so small all of the sudden? In the beginning of the summer, they had 70 car monsters with 5 engines on it three times a week. 16 car?!?!
 #845807  by sullivan1985

ErieLimited2914 wrote:Why so small all of the sudden? In the beginning of the summer, they had 70 car monsters with 5 engines on it three times a week. 16 car?!?!
I guess it was all they needed. Tonights train ran with about 60 cars and 3 of the tunnel motors.
 #845844  by ErieLimited2914

sullivan1985 wrote:
ErieLimited2914 wrote:Why so small all of the sudden? In the beginning of the summer, they had 70 car monsters with 5 engines on it three times a week. 16 car?!?!
I guess it was all they needed. Tonights train ran with about 60 cars and 3 of the tunnel motors.
A few weeks back, they had a train with 6 units (I think) with 120ish cars, except the last 20-30 were their own ballast cars, but it was still a monster and VERY impressive to watch those 6 second generation EMD's haul that train up that grade past Smith Mills. No one even comes close with the demand they ask from with those units up those grades and terrain, never gets old! I missed last night's train by literally 2 minutes, and waited around for an hour and a half (not knowing I missed it) and my buddy's place only to hear a horn and see 3022 running long hood forward on WS-5 with four cars. Woops!