Railroad Forums 

• SU99/SU100 Thread

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#845859  by Kaback9

ErieLimited2914 wrote:
sullivan1985 wrote:SU99 from 8/30/2010. On duty @ 4:30P with a 5P departure.

3014 on the point with 8828 and 2732 trailing with 16 cars. At Lackawaxen they picked up a cut of Gondolas from the Stourbridge Line.

Photos from the nights run:
Snoot-Nosed Leader
Autumn By Night
Endless Skies Over Mill Rift
Lackawaxen Pickup
Lackawaxen Bridge

Enjoy!

More photos and videos to come from Kaback and NJT4111.
Why so small all of the sudden? In the beginning of the summer, they had 70 car monsters with 5 engines on it three times a week. 16 car?!?!
Relax, just because a train is small one night does not mean the entire railroad has tanked.
 #856627  by blocksignal

Hello I would like to know what the latest schedule is during the week and possibly on weekends of both the SU-99 and the SU-100? Another words what days and times do the SU-99's leave Little Ferry? What days and times do the SU-100's arrive in Little Ferry? Thanks.

Blocksignal.
 #872241  by ATCFault

blocksignal wrote:Hello I would like to know what the latest schedule is during the week and possibly on weekends of both the SU-99 and the SU-100? Another words what days and times do the SU-99's leave Little Ferry? What days and times do the SU-100's arrive in Little Ferry? Thanks.

Blocksignal.
SU100: Mon-Wed-Fri Mornings (normally very early).
SU99: Mon-Wed-Fri Evenings (departure anywhere between 3pm and 9:30pm depending on crew rest time).
 #891920  by ErieLimited2914

waldwickrailfan wrote:what time does it usually pass through Wyckoff or Midland Park?
Usually about 35-40 minutes after it departs Little Ferry.
 #892596  by 484freak

Does either the SU99 or SU100 continue up the Syracuse Branch, or do trains North of Binghamton have different symbols?
 #892605  by mainetrain

I believe 99/100 ends/ begins in Binghamton. Other trains from Binghamton have different symbols
 #892903  by ATCFault

484freak wrote:Does either the SU99 or SU100 continue up the Syracuse Branch, or do trains North of Binghamton have different symbols?
For the most part, SU99/100 do work their way up there, not in their entirety and with different symbols. I'm not sure exactly which, but for example: SY-1 I've seen before.
 #892967  by ricebrianrice

SYXX out of Syracuse
BHXX out of Binghamton
CLXX out of Cortland
 #920627  by blocksignal

Hi All,

I would like to know if the SU-99 is still running Westbound from Little Ferry to Binghamton on Mon-Wed-Fri in the evenings? If so what is the usual or typical departure times? When do the locals run now-a-days? Lastly how long does it take for the SU-99 to get to the Riverdale - Pompton Lakes - Butler area from its departure origination in Little Ferry? Thanks.

Blocksignal.
 #920883  by BelDel Conductor

blocksignal wrote:Hi All,

I would like to know if the SU-99 is still running Westbound from Little Ferry to Binghamton on Mon-Wed-Fri in the evenings? If so what is the usual or typical departure times? When do the locals run now-a-days? Lastly how long does it take for the SU-99 to get to the Riverdale - Pompton Lakes - Butler area from its departure origination in Little Ferry? Thanks.

Blocksignal.
Yes the 99 is running M/W/F, usually leaves LF around 530 depending on various factors. Rail time to Riverdale/Butler is approx an hour...locals run 24/7, mostly on the southern end, but the WS-5 or 6 runs to Sparta most nights, and follows the 99 out by about an hour...less if it needs to push
 #924823  by blocksignal

Good evening,

I caught the SU-99 roll through Pompton Lakes @ Pompton Lakes Train Station heading Westbound around 5:45 PM last Friday (4/15/2011). The power was NS 5293 leading with 3 Suzies hooked up right behind. 2 of the Suzies were 3018 & 3012. Not sure the number of the 3rd Suzy. They were pulling a mixed manifest of freight cars including covered hoppers, those garbage or debris cars (open hoppers), tank cars, box cars, etc.

I caught the SU-99 again this past Monday (4/18/2011) up in Butler @ Butler Train Station heading Westbound around 5:45 PM or so snaking up that grade incline with 2 Suzies pulling hard. The lead loco was number 3016. I did not catch the number of the 2nd loco. They were pulling mainly a manifest of covered hoppers and those garbage or debris cars (open hoppers) plus some others. This train was not as long as the one on Friday.

By the way I got some nice photos of the action. I used a 35 mm film loaded camera. I would like to post some of these pictures here . Can anyone tell me how I can get them up and onto this forum thread - thanks and happy sightings.

Blocksignal.