Railroad Forums 

• Interesting consists

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#903667  by Silverliner II

On Wednesday afternoon, I saw 344-345,346-347, and an unidentified 4xx single on the rear were on whatever train that follows 3791. I was at work at the time, and it got by my train at Woodbourne....
 #905172  by nomis

The double logo MP set is flying solo today, 452-451 ar sitting at Doylestown waiting to go as Train 531.
 #906134  by ex Budd man

This morning the second train from West Trenton (313) was an all Budd, all exPRR four car consist.
 #906675  by nomis

The Area code set, not to be confused with the verizon wrap, 215-267 are running n-S from fox chase and hill west today 1:20ish out of FoxChase.
 #906733  by rslitman

nomis wrote:The Area code set, not to be confused with the verizon wrap, 215-267 are running n-S from fox chase and hill west today 1:20ish out of FoxChase.
Maybe one day there will be a married pair of Silverliner VI's numbered 609-610!
 #907701  by Matthew Mitchell

Second car of 4219 this morning had its pan locked down, and it looked like the train had one more car than usual. Maybe they're pushing out some cars from the shop to add capacity for Flower Show week? If so, good for SEPTA. Don't think anything happened to the car en-route, since the train was right on time if not a little early.
 #907824  by Silverliner II

rslitman wrote:
nomis wrote:The Area code set, not to be confused with the verizon wrap, 215-267 are running n-S from fox chase and hill west today 1:20ish out of FoxChase.
Maybe one day there will be a married pair of Silverliner VI's numbered 609-610!
And unfortunately, unless they renumber the gel train and wire train cab cars, we won't get so lucky, since they already occupy slots between 601 and 622...
 #910836  by Silverliner II

While the consist itself was not noteworthy, the destination signs were. I watched 6321 arrive at 30th Street Station on Monday with its Bomber set. Where else can you find a 7-car train with 7 different Center City destination signs...and only one of them technically correct...

Between the 7 cars, the train was signed up with:
Center City - 30th St EXP
Center City - Temple University
Center City Philadelphia (yellow)
Center City - Suburban Station
Center City - Temple University EXP
Center City - Market East
Center City - 30th St
 #912187  by glennk419

Train 435 on the Warminster line today had a SLIII leading three SLIV's. Didn't get the SLIII number but what was equally unusual was a 4 car train at that time of day. Obviously they're mixing the II/III/IV's on a more regular basis these days. Maybe the trainmaster is reading this thread. :)
 #913323  by rslitman

This morning, as usual, the 328 crew hung a Wilmington destination sign on the third car even while still heading in the direction of West Trenton. Today, that was Silverliner IV car 302, which is the Wilmington area code.
 #918424  by zebrasepta

saw a 6 car train heading towards CC with 3 SL II/III and 3 SL IV's
train 3596 had a airport SL 236 leading 423,424,127,128
 #918503  by nomis

zebrasepta wrote:saw a 6 car train heading towards CC with 3 SL II/III and 3 SL IV's
S-N 164-163-220-253-259 a roster train, spotted at temple close to 4:27p
 #919290  by zebrasepta

not interesting but.... saw a 6-car IV consist heading towards Center city around 4:28 between Wayne Junction and Roberts
 #919417  by rslitman

I saw 269's Reading interior "twin" 9015 twice in two days.

On Monday morning, it was the 4th of 4 cars on 328, which is usually made up of only three cars. The other three cars were Silverliner IV's. Presumably, only the first two cars were open. I saw "presumably" here because on both Monday and Tuesday, I saw 328 from a different perspective than I usually do. I went into the city for a conference and rode 6321, the express with Bombardiers, both days.

On Tuesday afternoon, while I was waiting for train 4356 (due at 2:10 p.m.) at Market East, train 560 bound for Lansdale and running a few minutes late came through with 9015 sandwiched between two Silverliner III's - 226 and 230.