Railroad Forums 

• Interesting consists

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#922535  by Silverliner II

Matthew Mitchell wrote:A coupla times the last few days I heard an unusual flat-sounding horn that was like the Riverline cars, and today waiting at a grade crossing I heard it again on a train led by 206. Is its horn different from all the rest, or was it a standard horn with one of the trumpets not working?
I think a trumpet is clogged on that one.....
 #922708  by glennk419

Matthew Mitchell wrote:A coupla times the last few days I heard an unusual flat-sounding horn that was like the Riverline cars, and today waiting at a grade crossing I heard it again on a train led by 206. Is its horn different from all the rest, or was it a standard horn with one of the trumpets not working?
Probably a bad or clogged diaphragm on one of the trumpets. The SL-IV's have been notorious for that problem over the years, most likely because they are more prone to pick up debris from the roadbed, and often sound like a wounded goose when blowing their horns.
 #923466  by zebrasepta

saw longer-than-usual consists
a 7-car train heading to elwyn around 4:55
and the other trains had 2-3 extra cars
 #923674  by R3toNEC

Were the longer consists on early PM rush hour trains? Maybe Septa moved some cars to the earlier trains to account for people leaving earlier yesterday for Passover.
 #924118  by nomis

280 is leading south on a 3441 train, LED not lit.
 #924122  by R3 Passenger

I rode 280 into Center City on Train 9720 on Monday morning. The LED wasn't on then, but I got a good picture of the cameras inside the car.
 #924260  by Silverliner II

nomis wrote:280 is leading south on a 3441 train, LED not lit.
I have not seen that LED sign working since I got it on video in July or August right after it was first spotted installed. It wasn't lit then either. And a lot of good it does, only being on one end of the car, grafted on like a Frankenstein's monster appendage...
 #924655  by zebrasepta

Saw Diesel #61 with the wire train consist with a married pair of SL IV and a sl II coupled to it at Lansdale
 #924931  by zebrasepta

On Friday Train 6566 Doylestown local had 6 cars and 5 of the cars were open to passengers with the first 4 cars nearly full
 #925219  by N-Trizzy2609

On 4/21 I rode a R7 6:23 express from 30th Street to Trenton. Had Three IVs and III. 400 leading north.
 #925342  by Silverliner II

zebrasepta wrote:On Friday Train 6566 Doylestown local had 6 cars and 5 of the cars were open to passengers with the first 4 cars nearly full
Meanwhile, Doylestown express 6576 on Friday ran with just 4 cars with room to spare aboard, due to the holiday.
 #925779  by Limited-Clear

Train 451 had unit 451 leading tonight, this is the married pair with Septa on both sides at the front instead of just on one side.
 #925782  by Nick L

I saw a push-pull set being pulled through 30th St. southbound by 70 twice today (first at about 12:30 and later at 3:45ish). Don't recall which AEM-7 was on the set. The first time the pan was down, second time the pan was up.
 #925815  by Silverliner II

Nick L wrote:I saw a push-pull set being pulled through 30th St. southbound by 70 twice today (first at about 12:30 and later at 3:45ish). Don't recall which AEM-7 was on the set. The first time the pan was down, second time the pan was up.
That would have been 6325 that morning. It woke up dead at West Trenton.