• Interesting consists

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by rslitman

Silverliner II wrote:
Nick L wrote:I saw a push-pull set being pulled through 30th St. southbound by 70 twice today (first at about 12:30 and later at 3:45ish). Don't recall which AEM-7 was on the set. The first time the pan was down, second time the pan was up.
That would have been 6325 that morning. It woke up dead at West Trenton.
I noticed a train of Silverliner II's (one of which was sylvania 218) at Philmont this morning around the time when one of the expresses that uses Bombardier cars was scheduled to go through. I believe that's train number 6321, though. Perhaps 6325 got the locomotive and Bombardier cars while 6321 got the Silverliners.
  by Silverliner II

rslitman wrote:
Silverliner II wrote:
Nick L wrote:I saw a push-pull set being pulled through 30th St. southbound by 70 twice today (first at about 12:30 and later at 3:45ish). Don't recall which AEM-7 was on the set. The first time the pan was down, second time the pan was up.
That would have been 6325 that morning. It woke up dead at West Trenton.
I noticed a train of Silverliner II's (one of which was sylvania 218) at Philmont this morning around the time when one of the expresses that uses Bombardier cars was scheduled to go through. I believe that's train number 6321, though. Perhaps 6325 got the locomotive and Bombardier cars while 6321 got the Silverliners.
Could be! A swap could have been done pretty easily up there. :)
  by Limited-Clear

Train 396 tonight has 9013, 9002, 212 and 9004, almost a perfect Reading consist
  by rslitman

Three times in April, I spent a weekday evening in Center City and then took train 394 home. The most recent time was Thursday, April 28. That night, the train was a mixture of II's and III's. Ironically, I don't remember the numbers of the first two cars, which were the ones open to passengers, except that both were non-269 II's. The last three cars were 228, 227, and 267. I don't run across many Caucasian female conductors, but there was one on this train.

That was also the third time in April that I came across 228, which has been my favorite III since we both escaped from a fire at Neshaminy Falls on June 11, 2009. 228 was on train 371 on either April 14 or 15 and again on either April 25 or 26. It was interesting seeing it paired with a consecutively-numberd car. (Most people who have favorites among the III's have probably chosen one or more of the ex-Airport cars with the 2x2 plush seating.)

Friday morning, April 29, 227 and 267 led a Silverliner IV other than 280 on train 328. This led me to believe that after 394 reached West Trenton on Thursday night, it turned around as train 395, which brought these cars to Elwyn, where they spent the night.

Friday afternoon, I took train 369 instead of 371. Lo and behold, the same female conductor I had seen the night before was on this train. I told her about how two of the cars from 394 had shown up on 328 the next morning. She said that when 394 got to West Trenton, the other three cars were dropped, and only 267 and 227 (the two at the Center City-pointing end of the train) went back as 395. Also, on 369, both working conductors were female, which I also don't see very often.

On Thursday, I had gotten into town by taking 371 all the way in. I had always wondered if the third car, which is almost never used between West Trenton and Center City, does get opened between Center City and Elwyn. I noticed when I got off the train in Market East that this was indeed opened, not only at the front door by the middle car but also at the one at the back of the train.
  by rslitman

I went into town tonight and saw train 755 at Market East. It had four consecutively numbered Silverliner IV's, although not in sequence. They were most likely two married pairs: 448-447 in that order followed by 449 and 450, but I don't remember the sequence of the last two.

Train 392 had four Silverliner II's tonight, alternating between ex-Pennsylvania and ex-Reading. 202 was in the lead, followed by either 9011 or 9007, then 212, and finally the other of 9011 or 9007. My short term memory is going, I'm afraid. I only remembered the ex-PRR cars by thinking of the DC and NYC area codes.
  by rslitman

rslitman wrote:228 was on train 371 on either April 14 or 15 and again on either April 25 or 26.
It was April 26.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v-H96lcFvs
  by nomis

Introducing 262, the "PENN" car ...
  by scotty269

nomis wrote:Introducing 262, the "PENN" car ...
S Y L are also quite visible
  by rslitman

nomis wrote:Introducing 262, the "PENN" car ...
I see that it's on train 3791, the New Jersey to New Jersey run. Also, the complementary lettering to 218's is on the opposite side of the car.

Now, we'll have to keep an eye out for a consist with both 262 and 218, preferably also with 269.
  by Silverliner II

Spotted a four-pack with two pairs of sequential cars, but two of the cars were at each end, though in numerical order:

258, 9014, 9015, 259 on Train 550, running about 10 minutes late at 30th Street today...
  by rslitman

rslitman wrote:Now, we'll have to keep an eye out for a consist with both 262 and 218....
Well, that didn't take long! 262 and 218 were both on train 328 and presumably the tri-state run, train 3223, this morning. However, the other car in the consist was ex-PRR Silverliner III 230, not 269.

Unfortunately, I was on the wrong side of the tracks to see the lettering on 262, but I did see the lettering on 218.
  by Silverliner II

I'm overcome by sequence. Almost sequence. Train #813 at North Philadelphia today with 9009, 9010, 9008, and 9002.

That set should be in Powelton Yard as I make this posting after having turning off train 813 for 8230, and then 6229.
  by septasilverliner4

Anyone know where Silverliner IIs 269 and 263 are?
  by rbreslow

Train departing CHW today at 8:36 started with 344 in the back and went 344-345-346-347 odd I have never seen a straight row of numbers before.