Railroad Forums 

• East Deerfield Gawking

• Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,
Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,

Moderator: MEC407

#1392928  by johnpbarlow

Per CP employee, CP has recently issued a directive that all trains must operate with at least 100 cars. The implication for the 252/253 manifest trains between Saratoga Springs and Montreal is that these trains, which connect with 11R/14R for B&M interchange at Mohawk yard, as well as 30T/31T for Binghamton/NS traffic at Saratoga, will henceforth usually run every other day. Unclear how this impacts PAS, if at all. But clearly it's not good news.
 #1392941  by newpylong

It wouldn't suprise me, having seen them put the squeeze on the D&H over the years...anything in the name of the almighty operating ratio.

Anyway, as 11R/14R are NS trains they will remain daily. The implication for PAS is the CP setoff/pickup which was not daily anyway - so maybe not much impact.
 #1393150  by BandA

johnpbarlow wrote:PAS Facebook page reports rumor that there are no locomotives in East Deerfield Yard currently. No idea if the posting is referring to engines on ready tracks or anywhere in yard. Any confirmations?
Link to the PAS facebook page? Is it an official page or a fanpage?
 #1399237  by CN9634

I believe in the next month or so there will be a re-vamping of train 'schedules' as new business picks up and operational adjustments need to take place. Maybe a return of an ED495 type job (which we've seen in the form of LAED, LOED, AYED or whatever other symbol you can think of).
 #1399250  by newpylong

What business do you speak off? Besides propane everything usually tails off for winter. Is there an anchor consignee about to sign on that no one knows about?
 #1399251  by CN9634

Short of many words, yes. Of course I can't look bad if it doesn't pan out :wink: so I'll just wait before revealing more details... should be within the next 2 months...

Edit: Also realized my last post led on to a change in the 495 area... that's not fair or true. What I heard however would likely restructure quite a few jobs on the system, so the reintroduction of a ED495 type job could be the result of shifting crews/resources elsewhere.
 #1399265  by newpylong

CN9634 wrote:Short of many words, yes. Of course I can't look bad if it doesn't pan out :wink: so I'll just wait before revealing more details... should be within the next 2 months...

Edit: Also realized my last post led on to a change in the 495 area... that's not fair or true. What I heard however would likely restructure quite a few jobs on the system, so the reintroduction of a ED495 type job could be the result of shifting crews/resources elsewhere.
I am assuming the cloak and dagger business has to do with EDPO if you're thinking 495 or an incarnation may be reinstated. Now I will have to dig.