Railroad Forums 

• Port Authority Trans Hudson (PATH) employment

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#739083  by shyboy

What will the test contain? What are the questions asked? How is the oral comprehension? Is it tough? And the memory section ? Is that tough too?
What are the passing marks?
How to pass the exam without making any mistakes?
Can anyone who has given this exam, guide me on this?
 #757777  by freightguy

A friend of mine works for PATH he started as a Passenger Info Agent. Within a short time he jumped over to engineer and likes it alot. He was saying they have classes upcoming for both engineer and conductor but I think those are internal. It's a real boring job in the sense limited trackage but the pay and bennies through Port Auth. are outstanding. Good way to start I guess as a Info Agent!
 #758063  by OportRailfan

Asesack86 wrote:Has anyone taken the oral exam that follows the written? I have to take it for the track and structural worker position. Anyone know what's on it?
Yeah they ask you a bunch of questions about the company, your knowledge on it, some situations and how'd you respond to each situation and your mechanical aptness, what tools you've worked with, etc.
 #758504  by division4thor

I passed the test i took on oct 30 it was easy then i got a letter stating i passed about two weeks later didnt hear from them for 2 months then got an email saying im ready for the next step which is final oral interview and that is coming up shortly anyone know about this or have gone through this yet ang advice what it will be like hould i dress casual etc etc thanks for all your help
 #764309  by OportRailfan

Anyone else get offered a position? I can't accept it due to the fact that I'm still in school. I'm going to request to be put back into the list for the remainder of the year they said I would be on the list.
 #765038  by shyboy

Anyone who gave the interview for path info agent & got hired. After the interview, how do you know whether you are hired or not. Anyone, who gave the interview and got the job can answer, anyone who has an idea how they recruit people can answer. Waiting impatiently