Railroad Forums 

• Port Authority Trans Hudson (PATH) employment

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#666127  by MOOOOOPS

jp1990 wrote:DO U KNOW WHT R THE CHANCES OF GETTING HIRED AFTER UR INTERVIEW!!OR HOW MANY CANDIDATE DEY HIRING!!!
As long as you pass the written exam and answer all the questions directly and honestly at the interview, you should have a good chance at getting hired. So far, I believe they have given 2 written exams and still have a job listing up on their site for the positions so chances are they are looking to hire a good number of people.
 #667255  by MOOOOOPS

jp1990 wrote:HEY MOOOOOOOOPS
DID U HEAR ANY THING FROM DEM !!!
BECAUSE ITS BEEN A MONTH I HAD NO RESPONSE FROM DER SIDE :(
Nothing yet. At my interview, they told me I would hear back within 1 month, but knowing most government agencies, they will take the full month before they get back to me. So I probably wont hear back til mid May.
 #670841  by Otto Vondrak

jp1990 wrote:thxs for your reply!!
i hope we hear something as soon as possible and soon start working for dem!!!
I hope this isn't the way you talk in real life. Good luck to you!

-otto-
 #728672  by catman50

i have the opportunity to take this test in a couple of weeks and would really like to know what type of questions they ask? are there any past exams i can review from to help myself get ready ? i really want this job. the position is for part time work but i would like to use this as a transition to full time eventually.thanks. ed
 #731769  by division4thor

Hello My name is steve and i was wondering if anyone could give me some details on the path exam. I am scheduled to take it this friday at 1pm and i really want the job so im trying to prepare myself for the exam. Basically all of family members work there but there forgetting what the exam was like so if theres anyone that does i would greatly appreciate the help thank you very much.
 #731770  by division4thor

Hello My name is steve and i was wondering if anyone could give me some details on the path exam. I am scheduled to take it this friday at 1pm and i really want the job so im trying to prepare myself for the exam. Basically all of family members work there but there forgetting what the exam was like so if theres anyone that does i would greatly appreciate the help thank you very much.
 #732503  by pine island fred

So how did the test go? Was this just a general appitude test or one for maint of ways, dispacher and operations, signal maint, train ops? Hope you did OK! Lots of oppertunities once you get on board. By all means jump around from job to job and try to get experience in all the different operations. Maintence is mostly done at night. Dont be afraid to bid for a job on the tracks at night in the cold. That is how you get experience. Rain, wind, cold, snow, believe it or not I miss it. regards FRED aka Darius Mccollum.
 #733021  by lostsoul

its a cake walk just know how to read the time tables and how many stations there are.They cant test you on stuff you don't know.I hope they actually still hire people who do well on the test like me 7 yrs ago.I only say this because as of late they have been hiring a lot and i mean alot of minorities as agents and a lot of em seem to either be lazy or not to care about the job so passengers always ask the train crews for help after the agent who's job it is to deal with fare cards and such seem to be clueless on what to do