• Port Authority Trans Hudson (PATH) employment

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by wjw002

Hello all, I took the written test for Temporary Passenger Information Agent on 11/18/11 received my test results the same day, passed the test. The letter I received with my test results state that my status is “Qualified” and, that my name will be added to the list of candidates eligible to participate in the next phase of the evaluation process.

Additionally according to the letter, I should be contacted within the next 3 months?? to schedule the oral interview. Just wondering if anyone knows if the process actually takes the entire 3 months to schedule the oral interview? Thanks.
  by Matted33

Did you ever go for the interview, I passed both the written test and the interview and got a letter saying so on 12/22/11. I also underwent a background check too.
  by wjw002

@Matted33: I have not been contacted yet for the interview, I guess I didn't score high enough on the test to be called in for an interview? Who knows. When did you take the written test and how long did it take for you to be contacted for the interview?
  by Matted33

I took the test on October 7th and scored a 95. My interview was on November 29th and the background check started right away.
  by wjw002

Matted33 wrote:I took the test on October 7th and scored a 95. My interview was on November 29th and the background check started right away.
Noticed it took about 7 weeks for you to be contacted for the interview, so I guess I have to wait at least that long before hearing anything. I scored an 89.overall I. aced the math & reading comp sections, missed a couple on the map section.

Guess I will have to just hang in there for a while & see what happens. Thanks for the replies.
  by NJT TT9801

wjw002 wrote:@Matted33: I have not been contacted yet for the interview, I guess I didn't score high enough on the test to be called in for an interview? Who knows. When did you take the written test and how long did it take for you to be contacted for the interview?
I would think that no news is good news right?
  by wjw002

NJT TT9801 wrote:I would think that no news is good news right?
I Suppose so... It's just a little frustrating waitng around for a final resolution with no way to follow up with anyone.
  by trentals21

I also took the Temp Passenger Info Agent Test 11/7 scored an 88 and still havent heard anything yet, I also took and passed the Entry Level Maintenance test 11/21, I called HR and they said they will be scheduling interviews for ELM end of Jan begining of Feb.....just hang in there
  by trentals21

Matted33 wrote:I took the test on October 7th and scored a 95. My interview was on November 29th and the background check started right away.
How was the interview, what do they ask?
  by wjw002

trentals21 wrote:I also took the Temp Passenger Info Agent Test 11/7 scored an 88 and still havent heard anything yet, I also took and passed the Entry Level Maintenance test 11/21, I called HR and they said they will be scheduling interviews for ELM end of Jan begining of Feb.....just hang in there
@trentals21 Good news about the ELM test any mention of the Temporary Passenger Agent Test?
  by trentals21

wjw002 wrote:
trentals21 wrote:I also took the Temp Passenger Info Agent Test 11/7 scored an 88 and still havent heard anything yet, I also took and passed the Entry Level Maintenance test 11/21, I called HR and they said they will be scheduling interviews for ELM end of Jan begining of Feb.....just hang in there
@trentals21 Good news about the ELM test any mention of the Temporary Passenger Agent Test?
On my results for the Temp Passenger Info test, there was no number to contact anyone, it just says you should be scheduled for oral intervuew within the next 3 months, so idk whats going on with that
  by wjw002

trentals21 wrote:
wjw002 wrote:
On my results for the Temp Passenger Info test, there was no number to contact anyone, it just says you should be scheduled for oral intervuew within the next 3 months, so idk whats going on with that
Yeah my letter said I should be contacted with 3 months too. Thanks best of luck.
  by ednyc7

Hey moops,

Did you get the job. does anyone know what kinda questions they ask at the oral interview?.
  by wjw002

trentals21 wrote:Keep me posted if you hear anything
So I received an email today from the PA asking me to call them today to schedule the oral exam. I'm scheduled for March 19th in the afternoon in New York.