Railroad Forums 

• Official New England Southern Thread (NEGS)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#303437  by nhguy21

Wel the GRS/PAR "schedule" and delivery schedule to drop stuff out for NEGS was never any good, it's alot some week, and none to anything other weeks. I know becides the Main Line comming through downtown, before it branches off in the yard, the track condition for the yard however is not very good. That may be a reason why their not storing alot of cars. Also, I know their can be a limit to how many cars that are stuch on the Stub track, i believe it's the Number 2" track, then again I don't know how to explain the yard down thier. The Main Line has to be clear because of the Bow Coal Train which comes through alot. As for the leaving under Queen City Ave, hmm well I know ive seen GRS/PAR leave the power under their when changing crews. All in all i would say track condition, but you never know whats up?

I have just found it to be odd in the last few weeks. Almost any day you went by the stub in Manchester there were cars but lately there is nothing. Hopefully its NEGS/PAR cordinating better (ya right)

JH

#303511  by b&m 1566

The stub track (remnants of the 2nd track between the Chelmsford Wye and Concord) can only house between 19 and 21 cars depending on the size. If the train consist is larger the cars are left at the south end of the Manchester Yard. NEGS has had to go down near the airport on some occasions to pick up the consist; so maybe that's what's been taking place as of lately. I haven't been around NEGS in a few weeks so I don't know for sure what the deal is.

#303703  by nhguy21

Yesterday there were cars back on the stub track. Looked like tankers for PSNH I was on the other side of the river and didn't get a good look.

JH

#305012  by GP40MC 1116

Well, your guess is as good as mine, Manchester Yard isn't in "Horrable" shape but the track condition isn't the best. Even the Bow Coal Train on the "OK" Maineline goes through at 25 i believe. :wink:

#306296  by GP40MC 1116

Fairly soon i believe the Ringling Brothers train will be in Manchester, NH for some shows so I have no idea where it will tie up in the Manchester Yard. We will see how this changes the delivery pattern for NEGS/Pan Am where they have the avalability and space to put their cars

#306367  by nhguy21

Well I went by the yard yesterday and there was a full cut of cars for NEGS in the yard waiting for interchange. I also caught NA-2 on Tuesday Am switching under the 293 bridge. As for the circus train they usually tie up on the stub track that is typically used for NEGS interchange.

JH

#308190  by nhguy21

Caught NA-2 with MEC 351 working Manchester tonight and there was a large cut of cars from NEGS waiting for pickup after NA-2 finished switching the Nylon rope company on Sundial Rd. The cut from NEGS was not there at 3 when I went by the 1st time but was at 5:30 when I went by again. There was about 25 cars waiting for pickup. Manchester yard was crowded !!

JH

#318152  by NHN503

GP40MC 1116 wrote:Well, your guess is as good as mine, Manchester Yard isn't in "Horrable" shape but the track condition isn't the best. Even the Bow Coal Train on the "OK" Maineline goes through at 25 i believe. :wink:
According to my friend a Jamie that works that train...is now down to 5~10mph! :(

#318245  by GP40MC 1116

Ian MacMillan wrote:
GP40MC 1116 wrote:Well, your guess is as good as mine, Manchester Yard isn't in "Horrable" shape but the track condition isn't the best. Even the Bow Coal Train on the "OK" Maineline goes through at 25 i believe. :wink:
According to my friend a Jamie that works that train...is now down to 5~10mph! :(
Yikes.. No wonder why cars at Granaite St Crossing get pisssed off. It takes close to 10 minunutes for the train to pass through!

#318710  by NHN503

Ian MacMillan wrote:
According to my friend that works that train...is now down to 5~10mph! :(

#321451  by GP40MC 1116

Ian MacMillan wrote:
Ian MacMillan wrote:
According to my friend that works that train...is now down to 5~10mph! :(
I stand corrected :-D

#344077  by b&m 1566

I was just pointed this out by Bernie http://www.amoskeagnorthern.com/index.p ... &Itemid=47 NEGS is doing track work on the Northern Line right up to the current end of the track off of River Rd in Penacook. I remember Peter telling me that there was a potential customer that maybe moving into Penacook using a warehouse that already has tracks to it; that was back in September, the last time I was up in Concord. I wonder if this is the reason for the track work or if it’s because Pan Am gave them a hard time for the bad track conditions. NEGS hasn't been up to Penacook since 1988 but for some reason Pan Am inspected the track up to Penacook this past summer. Maybe it’s in anticipation for this new customer, because before NEGS can service any new customers Pan Am has to approve it since the traffic will be coming from them and well they own 70% of the track that NEGS runs on.

#355419  by GP40MC 1116

I was down in Manchester today by CPN-28 and the Yard hoping that their would be some action. Their was a cut of cars on the stub track waiting for NEGS pickup I believe, a bunch of Cement Quebec Cars as well as a Burlington Northern Covered Hopper on the head end, first car looking north. Word is that NEGS was trying to get down, but the coal train was blocking the way

I did not see them as of 3:30PM, anyone know if they made it down

#355464  by b&m 1566

Bernie I was in Concord today and talked to Peter real quick. The only thing he was doing was paper work and driving his pickup truck around the yard. The 2370 was out of the engine house for the day, idling next to the tower, before it shut off on its own. Not sure if it stalled out or if it was on some kind of timer where it turns on and off on its own… if engines can even do that???