Railroad Forums 

• Official New England Southern Thread (NEGS)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1584103  by FatNoah

Not sure if it's related to the new customer, but in an NEGS group on the Book of Faces, I saw a photo dated November 3 of 20 hoppers going north from Concord. I'm not sure who else would need those other than the possible new customer.
 #1593574  by FatNoah

Looks like there might be some progress toward the new customer. There were crews working adjacent to the track just south of the Manville Road crossing in Tilton yesterday.
I had some business in the area over the weekend, so I checked out the view of the ROW from the Manville Road crossing. Some work definitely has been done on the east side of the ROW just south of the crossing. RIght now it looks like they've built up a short dirt road that rises to maybe a foot or two above the level of the rails. It's very rough looking, so it looks more like the start of something than the end of something. There was no sign of recent work.
 #1593872  by New Haven 1

Nice to hear about more business potential on this line.

By any chance did you or, anyone else who has been in the area take any photos of the activity to post?

Thanks.
 #1623174  by Feynman

There seems to be some work taking ace on the bridge over the merrimack just north of concord. Unsure exactly what, but I think I saw a jobsite trailer on the north side so not a quick project
 #1637352  by FatNoah

No real news, but I did see a big plot of land near 3M is "Sale Pending":

https://www.newenglandcommercialpropert ... n-NH-03276

The prospectus for the site notes:
Another plus for this site is its rail access. There is an active rail spur that makes periodic deliveries to the 3M facility and there are several active prospects searching for 8 to 15 acre sites requiring rail. This location is the only site in Central New Hampshire with rail access.