Railroad Forums 

• Motive Power update

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#604175  by Steve F45

Trainmanal4243 wrote:3612 seen lost on Watertown line should be 3012 which is coming to Utica for work.

Al G
there's been 2 seperate posts about 3612 beeing taking up utica or somewhere. Its definitely 3012 the tunnel motor that they had to have seen correct. 3612 is still stripped to its bones at dansville right?
 #604498  by lvrr325

As I also posted on the NY board, the unit seen going north was an SD45 and it was difficult to see the number from a great distance away. It was not a tunnel motor. Unfortunately people chose not to read the entire post, it would seem. In any case, apparently the unit was in fact the 3618.
 #604530  by blockline4180

lvrr325 wrote:As I also posted on the NY board, the unit seen going north was an SD45 and it was difficult to see the number from a great distance away. It was not a tunnel motor. Unfortunately people chose not to read the entire post, it would seem. In any case, apparently the unit was in fact the 3618.

It was in Albany for wheel turning i believe.
 #606600  by lvrr325

I know from other posts it was in Utica for a wheel changeout, exchanging wheels with the dead F45 3636, per Kingfish's posts. Don't know if they can true them in Utica or if it was needed. Actually saw both of those units enroute a number of weeks ago, purely by chance.
 #606819  by kingfish

Yes Sir ,

3618 went to Utica for all TM combo change out. Released on 11/11 and spotted for pick up by CSX that Friday night. Eastbound picked it up Saturday and it has been travelling dead on their system and now it finally shows up at Dewitt.

Utica-Selkirk-Massena-Syracuse-Selkirk-below Albany and setting for several days and now back to Dewitt.

15 days and counting and yet to be interchanged home. :(

No wheel true but in that time frame it could have been performed numerous times...

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Kingfish
 #606877  by lvrr325

Sometimes I think when you ship a locomotive you need to mount a big piece of posterboard or plywood with the destination of the engine painted in as big of letters as you can paint on the panel, on each side. I'm sure they'd still find a way to screw up where it gets dropped, though.
 #607137  by kingfish

3618 was to be picked up by CSX and moved to the Syracuse interchange for NYSW. There was no plans for turning wheels.

I have worked in different sections of the USA and had interaction with all of the big roads. CSX is by far the most egregious company in terms of "losing locomotives."
 #607216  by Jtgshu

kingfish wrote:3618 was to be picked up by CSX and moved to the Syracuse interchange for NYSW. There was no plans for turning wheels.

I have worked in different sections of the USA and had interaction with all of the big roads. CSX is by far the most egregious company in terms of "losing locomotives."
U mean its not normal for locos being delievered to the East to go via Wisonsin and Minnesota? hahaha

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=1056955

I think the NJT 1001 made it as close as Selkirk (if not closer) before loosing its way and heading back west.

If they can loose big, shiny, colorful locomotives, imagine what they can do with a lookalike boxcar or container..........