Railroad Forums 

• HEADS UP: Heritage Units on CSX

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1188428  by CP4743

scottychaos wrote:Woo Hoo, caught my first heritage unit! :)

Westbound through Chili Junction, (Attridge road in Riga, west side of Rochester)
at 2:40 pm, exactly 5 hours after leaving Selkirk.
(good to know for future reference!)
Train took the West Shore through Rochester.

thanks,
Scot

That K011 was actually reported on Yahoo as leaving Selkirk at 8:13am. That seems accurate as I heard him talking around MP 198 at approx. 9:50am and that time supports the 8:13am departure. So transit time from SLK departure to your point was actually 8:13am to 2:40pm.

John
 #1188681  by sd80mac

ScotCP356 wrote:Anyone knows if the 8100 got into Chicago Illinois?
someone reported that it's on CSX line in chicago 13 hrs ago.. but because of lack of info ( more blanks than filled in boxes) I dont take that report seriously...

so any of you have more info on NPK from other sources??
 #1188929  by ScotCP356

wurlitzer153 wrote:So, has the NKP 8100 left Chicago yet?
Good question, nobody knows if the 8100 left or not. HU hasn't been updating. But I bet you someone have some information about the 8100. Who knows it probably gone through and nobody realized it.

But like I said, someone probably know where it is. Or HU forgot to update the information on it.

- Scottie
 #1188987  by scottychaos

"HU" does no updating itself..
(HU is: https://heritageunits.com/ )
all the updates are made by individual railfans who see a heritage unit, and then also think to make an update..
the webpage itself is passive..it just waits for updates from users.
so if no updates are occurring, it only means no railfans have seen it, who then made an update..
railfans who also update HU are probably quite rare..

I was going to make an update with my Penn Central sighting at Chili Junction.
I was home on the computer probably 20 minutes after I saw it!
but someone had already posted an update at Bergen! ;) so my post would have been redundant, so I didn't bother..
sometimes there are a lot of updates, other times there is an update drought..
HU is a cool resource! :) its better than nothing, but still, it can be pretty random and unpredictable..

Scot
 #1189565  by ScotCP356

I look on Heritage Units website and I saw the NS 1073 (PC) is coming back east on train U-TNDCXY0-49T. Heading to Cicero Illinois on the CSXT. It is not leading, its the second unit. it should be here maybe by Thursday?? Speaking of the heritage. What ever happen with the NKP 8100?? The last thing I know was that it was in Chicago Illinois about 4 or 5 days ago. Did it went through or not??

- Scottie
 #1189833  by ScotCP356

Update on the NS 1073 (PC), it's in Minnesota. Look like it will be in Cicero Illinois by tomorrow night. Look like it will be here by Friday or Saturday.
 #1189881  by sd80mac

ScotCP356 wrote:I look on Heritage Units website and I saw the NS 1073 (PC) is coming back east on train U-TNDCXY0-49T. Heading to Cicero Illinois on the CSXT. It is not leading, its the second unit. it should be here maybe by Thursday?? Speaking of the heritage. What ever happen with the NKP 8100?? The last thing I know was that it was in Chicago Illinois about 4 or 5 days ago. Did it went through or not??

- Scottie

NKP 8100 being reported in chicago appears to be bad one and was removed... last it was passing rochelle... Last monday afternoon, I was thinking why it was not being reported further down the line. Could it be set aside and parked somewhere in Ill and waiting to get in CSX since CSX shut down the line in NYS and dont want that crude train coming in.

However... Monday evening, I went over RR line on Turk Hill rd bridge, and not expecting to see any train. But I was surprised to see either ethanol or crude train going under me... I didn't able to see powers as it already went around the curve... I was hoping that it wasn't that one... But I am pretty sure that it got some good powers on it...
 #1189905  by sd80mac

ScotCP356 wrote:. What ever happen with the NKP 8100?? The last thing I know was that it was in Chicago Illinois about 4 or 5 days ago. Did it went through or not??

- Scottie

I just checked HU... it looks like it was pulled off the train somewhere in Chicago when it was on CSX. and placed on NS' 12N I fail to see how it goes from BNSF to CSX to NS.. Usually CSX dont cut them off the run-thru train, unless this trio pack had some problem that CSX doesnt want to deal with.

But now we can rest now....
 #1190149  by ScotCP356

NS 1073 is on K010-29 in Ohio. Probably be in Buffalo NY by evening.
 #1190360  by roadster

I saw K010 with NS 1073 as the middle of 3 NS units, departed Buffalo Frontier Yard at about 6pm this evening. By this time they should be East of Syracuse, maybe near Utica by now. Good hunting.
 #1190368  by ScotCP356

Caught him!!! He went through Macedon NY at 9:30 pm. Pretty cool getting my first catch of a heritage!!! :-)
 #1190377  by UP4141

Sounds awesome Scott, I remember my first catch, did you have to wait very long? After reading Roadsters update, seem's like it took awhile to get to Macedon.
 #1190443  by ScotCP356

UP4141 wrote:Sounds awesome Scott, I remember my first catch, did you have to wait very long? After reading Roadsters update, seem's like it took awhile to get to Macedon.
Yea I had to wait for 2 1/2 hours for it. I caught about 4 Intermodal trains before K010-29 came. But it was pretty cool catching him!

-Scottie