Railroad Forums 

• HEADS UP: Heritage Units on CSX

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1188127  by ScotCP356

No problem Scot! I look at the other forums and they believe the reason why 1073 is not leading is because they guess that the NS units who were pose to lead the K011 of yesterday I believe? is now on today's K011! Someone need to get out and catch and see if that's true. Now I did the math and I believe he will be getting to Rochester NY around 3 or 4 pm. Which in that case I will be missing yet another NS heritage. But it doesn't matter, I believe more will come our way. Good thing school ends in 2 weeks! Hahaha. :-)

-Scottie
 #1188172  by scottychaos

Woo Hoo, caught my first heritage unit! :)

Westbound through Chili Junction, (Attridge road in Riga, west side of Rochester)
at 2:40 pm, exactly 5 hours after leaving Selkirk.
(good to know for future reference!)
Train took the West Shore through Rochester.

PC heritage unit is 3rd unit, of four, facing East.
BNSF Pumpkin leading.
Video coming in a bit..

thanks,
Scot
 #1188196  by scottychaos

Given the conditions (unit not leading) I decided to do a video rather than shoot stills..
not the greatest video ever! ;) my zooming and panning isnt very smooth (even with the tripod)..
but I'll take it! :) Was cool to see the PC unit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sts5OH9i ... dQ&index=1

Scot
 #1188258  by charlie6017

Good video :-)

Pretty neat seeing a PC colored unit passing underneath the NYC-style signal bridge. Only
thing that could trump that is the NYC heritage unit! :-)

Well done Scot!

Charlie
 #1188275  by ScotCP356

There is a chance that 8100 will make a return for a third time. The train symbol is: U-TNDCXYO-47T. Any chance??
 #1188296  by charlie6017

On BNSF? Another unit oil train? I'm just sayin', but many of us aren't privy to a whole lot
of information on anything, operations-wise. Not trying to sound like an a--........sometimes
we need more to go on. ;-)

Charlie
 #1188302  by scottychaos

Thought the PC unit might stop and be reassigned in Buffalo, or given back to NS there..
(im sure that happens sometimes..)
but this time they passed straight through Buffalo and continued West..
Tonight the PC unit is rolling into the sunset through Ohio..

https://heritageunits.com/Locomotive/NS1073

Scot
 #1188314  by Mike Stellpflug

charlie6017 wrote:On BNSF? Another unit oil train? I'm just sayin', but many of us aren't privy to a whole lot
of information on anything, operations-wise. Not trying to sound like an a--........sometimes
we need more to go on. ;-)

Charlie

The "CX" in the BNSF oil train symbol that the 8100 is on stands for CSX.
That means it will be interchanged with CSX at Chicago, and the destination could very well be Albany, NY.

Mike
 #1188327  by ScotCP356

scottychaos wrote:Thought the PC unit might stop and be reassigned in Buffalo, or given back to NS there..
(im sure that happens sometimes..)
but this time they passed straight through Buffalo and continued West..
Tonight the PC unit is rolling into the sunset through Ohio..

https://heritageunits.com/Locomotive/NS1073

Scot

Scot,

Congrats on catching the 1073!!! I saw your video!! I knew there was a catfish!! Too bad the PC wasn't leading! But at least you caught it!! 5 hrs later after I report it leaving Selkirk NY!! Next up is 8100. For the third time. Should be here over the weekend. I'm going to try to get out and catch it!!! ;)

-Scottie
 #1188406  by ScotCP356

8100 was reported in Wisconsin from HU. 8100 probably be in Chicago Illinois by later on today. Anyone knows if the 8100 is leading or not??

- Scottie
 #1188423  by CP4743

ScotCP356 wrote:8100 was reported in Wisconsin from HU. 8100 probably be in Chicago Illinois by later on today. Anyone knows if the 8100 is leading or not??

- Scottie
The NS 8100 is suppose to be trailing and that makes sense as it trailed WB and I believe most of these oil trains load on a loop track. Should be same consist that just went west last week. IN THEORY the NS 8100 should lead the return K011. But in reality the track layout at Selkirk makes it very easy for power to get turned, planned or unplanned.

John
 #1188425  by sd80mac

terms-d wrote:Anyone know if the PC unit is coming back???

PC isn't even in Crude oil land yet... be patience until it get there and see what it got assigned to...