• HEADS UP: Heritage Units on CSX

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Mike Stellpflug

A report on T.O. said that the 1073 was involved in a side swipe accident and has minor damage.

Mike
  by ScotCP356

That means that the NS units will be staying for a while?
  by sd80mac

Mike Stellpflug wrote:A report on T.O. said that the 1073 was involved in a side swipe accident and has minor damage.

Mike
thanks for info. I guess that you dont have any more detals than that??
  by CP4743

That's my shot of the NS 1073. Its hard to tell from that distance but when I enlarge the original image you can see where something clipped the handrails running from the cab to the back of the loco. The handrails are pushed back, some of the stanchions are twisted and it looks like the handrail split apart near the back. Also the paint is scuffed off the handrails in several spots. Also looks like a paint ding just behind the cab but its hard to tell even from the enlargement. I can also see some very minor damage on the little bit of hand rail showing on 1039. As you can see, the damage is very minor but it must take the units out of service since all stairways are taped as closed.

John
  by sd80mac

Forget about PC!

move your eyes toward to Southern.... just wait and see what happens when it reach Chicago.... its on. ELUCSY0. I dont know if it's going to albany/NJ or not...

cross your fingers..
  by ScotCP356

sd80mac wrote:Forget about PC!

move your eyes toward to Southern.... just wait and see what happens when it reach Chicago.... its on. ELUCSY0. I dont know if it's going to albany/NJ or not...

cross your fingers..
The train is going to Cicero Illinois on the CSXT line
  by sd80mac

ScotCP356 wrote:

cross your fingers..
oh well!
  by CP4743

sd80mac wrote:
ScotCP356 wrote:

cross your fingers..
oh well!
Cicero is the interchange point, not the final destination. Likely destination would be Albany or Philly.

John
  by sd80mac

CP4743 wrote:
sd80mac wrote:
ScotCP356 wrote:

cross your fingers..
oh well!
Cicero is the interchange point, not the final destination. Likely destination would be Albany or Philly.

John

thanks. the way he said, it sound like it was where it was going to.. Like i said "wait and see what happens when it arrive chicago" and since we learned that 2 letters in end of symbol is where it's going. Since I mentioned ELUCSY0, we know that it's going on CSX... but to where?? last week a train went up to mich. Since in past it had different symbol i think "nd_csxy0". now this time its ELU. so I'm not sure where it's going to.. The one that went up to mich - i couldn't remember the BNSF symbol for that.
  by ScotCP356

NS 8099 is reported in Jamestown, ND, heading east as the leader on BNSF U-ELUCXY0-28T that would head to Cicero,Illinois and get on the CSXT Line and mostly likely head to the Port of Albany. To my understanding some of these oil trains come to western New York late in the week and weekend. Hope it comes in daylight!

-Scottie
  by sd80mac

It passed Rochelle about an hour ago...

It is probably got held up somewhere west of chicago and wait for commuter trains to finish their morning dance.. If it get lucky to give a go through triple track. I would say that it might arrive CSX sometime this afternoon or evening. Then it should be here tomorrow pm (late afternoon to night) if everything run smooth on CSX.. Takes 1 day to get to here. Otherwise it'll be passing thru here friday...
  by ScotCP356

Hope he comes during the weekend instead of the week but that won't happen. As of 8:25 he was in Big Rock, Illinois. Usually CSXT would like to run the train during the night when it gets to NY.

- Scottie
  by ScotCP356

9:41 AM : Southern Heritage on U-ELUCXY0-28T in La Grange, IL. Getting closer to Cicero Illinois. He will most likely become an K010 for the Port of Albany.

-Scottie
  by sd80mac

ScotCP356 wrote:9:41 AM : Southern Heritage on U-ELUCXY0-28T in La Grange, IL. Getting closer to Cicero Illinois. He will most likely become an K010 for the Port of Albany.

-Scottie
here's nice pic at that location mentioned above..

https://s3.amazonaws.com/HeritageUnits/Images/1774.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by ScotCP356

sd80mac wrote:
ScotCP356 wrote:9:41 AM : Southern Heritage on U-ELUCXY0-28T in La Grange, IL. Getting closer to Cicero Illinois. He will most likely become an K010 for the Port of Albany.

-Scottie
here's nice pic at that location mentioned above..

https://s3.amazonaws.com/HeritageUnits/Images/1774.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alright!! That's a cool picture! He is now K010-05. He is officially coming our way!! Who's ready to catch the Southern Railway Heritage unit!!!! :-)