• Following the Last Smurf (MEC 511)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by mr. mick

511 sitting in a a consist ( 3 or 4 engines total) at the front of a long train (headed North) in Rigby on Dec 6 at 0810. It really stands out.
  by MBTA1016

The only time I heard the word smurf mentioned was on the tv show son of guns when Vince was fixing a Finland lotti( Finland artillery against tanks)
  by downeaster

MEC 511 at Bucksport today between MEC 316 and MEC 510 , MEC 340 working the mill.
  by KSmitty

MEC 511 was through Monmouth ME last night 1/17 at about 7:15p. It was the second unit behind an MEC GP40 in G paint, in the low 300's. On the headend were a good cut 10-12 gons, high gons, and the old D&H 2 Bays piled high with scrap ties. The same train was through Oakland downtown about 9:15p last night. If my math is right, puts the average speed at 15. I thought track speeds were coming up?
  by downeaster

MEC 511 arrived 0933. 1-26-12 at Waterville between leading 512 and 349, from the West.
  by deeptrax

MEC 511 was seen headed south at the Shawsheen webcam at 1415 on 2/9/12, carrying boxcars. Probably POED.
  by downeaster

Feb. 15, 0830 at Waterville. 511 spotted in the company of 317, 609 and 334.
  by KSmitty

511 was northbound as the second unit through Lewiston, ME at 5:25. No scanner on hand, so I don't have a train symbol. Was between what looked like a 600, leading, and another 500, trailing. Train was through Monmouth, ME at 6:45ish.

Miserable thing keeps taunting me, I only see it after dark or when I dont have my camera...
  by BR4

Taunted me last week by just hiding under the Rt 1 bridge at Rigby. But I caught it a couple hour later on
en eastbound. Video posted on ky youtube page at Deering and again at Danville.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by KSmitty

deeptrax wrote:511 was southbound at the Shawsheen webcam today at 1612, probably on the usual Friday afternoon POED. http://shawsheen.com/RobotFoamer/Shawsheen/11.jpg
Dave Hutchinson caught it in Haverhill, was POED and it was one of those PAR2, PAR1, GRS lineups that I like so much. 3 units in three paint schemes in order, signals, a quiet crossing and all covered in fresh snow, can't get any better than that!
  by deeptrax

Yeah, the webcam updates every time a train passes, so there's a new picture with that name today.