• Following the Last Smurf (MEC 511)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by scrumdiddley92

A pretty big NMWA was sitting at alongside Route 2 in Hermon yesterday with the 511 smack in the middle. All but the fourth loco were facing west.
  by MEC&BAR

332 & 511 were on the Bucksport train today @ 1:30 PM
  by scrumdiddley92

That's cool. Hopefully the 511 will lead something out between Old Town, Northern Maine Junction or Waterville this weekend if it can stay around long enough.
  by necr3849

Wouldn't it figure that after all this time waiting for 511 to lead something in the NMJ area, I went to Waterville today and saw it TRAILING on SAPPI-3 with 514 leading. The thing keeps taunting me.....
  by Hamhock

511 was hauling a tiny load of cars on the Saco Industrial Track today around 5:00pm...

...and back from whence it came at 6pm.
  by roberttosh

Is the local that serves Saco/Dover still running out of Rigby? Also, who in Biddeford-Saco still gets rail service? Wood Structures (or whatever they're called now), the steel plate customer that uses the team track next to I-195, Nissen and the Plastic Lumber customer (GAF??). Anyone else? Thanks.
  by MEC407

Wood Structures is part of Boise Cascade now. Not sure if they're using rail, though. Also not sure if Nissen ever gave Pan Am another shot.

511 may be the official Saco-Biddeford locomotive: http://railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=56225
  by BM6569

511 was the 2nd engine in a 5 engine EDNM last Friday. I need to post the pics I took.
  by Hamhock

roberttosh wrote:Is the local that serves Saco/Dover still running out of Rigby? Also, who in Biddeford-Saco still gets rail service? Wood Structures (or whatever they're called now), the steel plate customer that uses the team track next to I-195, Nissen and the Plastic Lumber customer (GAF??). Anyone else? Thanks.
Definitely the steel plate customer; that's the majority of the car traffic that I see. Also the occasional big wooden triangle-shaped thingies, which I guess goes to/from Wood Structures.
  by HarmonicRock

511 spotted in East Deerfield today working ED-4
  by KSmitty

Caught PAR 511 yesterday at Leeds Jct. Was the second unit behind 381. Looked to be on the head end of a Rumford bound train, but I'm not sure, no crew was around so I don't know where it wound up. Went back today, its gone...

In its place was what I think is another Rumford bound train with the 349 and 307 on the headend, again sitting waiting on a recrew.
  by markhb

I spotted 511 around 7:30 this morning, wb through Deering Junction, not the lead engine but I didn't see which was in front of it. It's probably at Rigby now if it didn't go straight through.
  by downeaster

Spotted 511 early this morning at NMJ, paired with 381 in the lead. Idle, but headed east.
  by necr3849

WABK arrived at Verso this afternoon with the 511 leading. Couldn't clearly see the second unit, but I don't think it was the 381. Sigh..........missed again due to work. Hopefully they'll cycle it a few times!