• Following the Last Smurf (MEC 511)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by JBConn

Can anyone say when/if MEC 511 will be heading east? I would like to get a photo in or near Ayer.
  by bmcdr

511 was at Rockingham Jct. today, waiting to be picked up by EDPO this evening.
  by JBConn

Any update on current whereabouts of 511? Haven't seen a mention since the last post when it was supposed to be heading to Portland.
  by bmcdr

Thought the gang might like to see the shot I got of the 511 and 505 together on NMED at CPF-WA in Lowell on March 26,2009.
  by KSmitty

Very nice shot Hutch! Something not replicatable now!
  by necr3849

Very nice picture indeed! I'm a week late posting it, but 511 had been somewhat captive as the middle unit of a threesome used on SJPO/POSJ from March 17th through at least the the 24th. Caught it two Saturdays in a row on the SJPO.
  by KSmitty

Too bad its the middle unit, I never can catch it leading...Hopefully it stays around a while longer I like another chance to see it...
  by CFD125

Rats!! I just can't catch that smurf.

Never seen it in person, but... I do have a custom painted Atlas HO model with sound & DCC. (sorry for the crappy cell phone pics)

Maybe someday.

by CFD125

Aha!! I caught it just one day after my last post.

Took a nice drive up to Rigby today (Sunday 4/22) and lo and behold...

Caught these lease units too...

by csrrfan86

511 was at Rigby as of Yesterday 6/2/12.

-Wayne J.
  by Badandy

According to scanner this AM, District 2's TOM had it the second unit on today's POED leaving Rigby.
Andy
  by BM6569

I saw it at Rigby yesterday on the DE. Train left Portland at 3:00 so it would have been about 3:10 when I saw it at the yard. It was parked with some other engines but not coupled to anything.