Railroad Forums 

• Favorite GE engine?

• Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.
Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.

Moderators: MEC407, AMTK84

#41649  by Joe

On the ever-enlarging side of the flared radiotors? :D

#47004  by XBNSFer

On the ever-enlarging side of the flared radiotors? :D
LOL maybe the N guage lettering will fit if they'll just make 'em a little bigger...
 #50306  by AMTK84

Does anybody know what the BNSF and UP GEVO units have for horns?
 #50317  by Allen Hazen

MP36 416--
I don't know, but can you tell by looking? There ar a bunch of photos of BNSF GEVO at
http://evans.railfan.net/GEVO.htm
including a close-up of the roof of the engine compartment with the horns in full view.

GE

#53850  by Howiew

Now don't forget about the New Haven's EP5.

#75468  by dave76

My favorite would be the Southern Pacific U33Cs and Erie Lackawannas U34CH, later belonging to NJ Transit, what a sound those things made, I could hear them over 2 miles away, and standing next to the ROW when they eased a pax out of a station they would shake the ground. I miss the dinosaurs.

#75757  by trainiac

Does anybody know what the BNSF and UP GEVO units have for horns?
They're either a Nathan K5H or K5HA. Which of the two I can't say--I read somewhere that the BNSF units came with K5LA/K5HA hybrids, the same as the horns delivered on a few Amtrak P42s.

#82539  by SEPTALRV9072

Mine would have to be the GG1. A locomotive that was just way ahead of its time. In a close would be those NS Standard cab Dash 9s. just an odd unit being one of a kind and all. And then for good measure throw in the CSX CW60ACs.

#83083  by mxdata

My favorite GE engines are the gas turbines they built for propulsion on USN destroyers.

#91156  by AmtrakFan

If I had to choose it would be the P42's but I hate GE's.

John

#97531  by ANDY117

D940C. If only i could find the cab in HO!

#103856  by AmtrakPhill629

I like Amtrak's AMD 103

#104503  by ANDY117

Where from? I have the details ready, just need a cab. Waiting for the New Athearn RTR Dash 9's due out later this month!

#105466  by F40CFan

The U30CG.