Railroad Forums 

• Favorite GE engine?

• Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.
Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.

Moderators: MEC407, AMTK84

#105639  by SRS125

the Dash 7's! and U Series locomotives all the way!
 #105808  by locomotive8665

I have to say the AC6000CW. I love this one cause its so powerful and i really like the overhang of the tail. It just looks sleek and fast. But on the other hand the C36-7. Gotta love the -7's. :-D

#106075  by CN_Hogger

I'd have to say Dash 7's, real easy to make them shoot 6 foot flames!

#107126  by CNJGeep

The U34CH, hands down. It was loud, smoky, and pwerful

#108365  by Tadman

Little Joe - I don't really like their diesels.

#109823  by AmtrakFan

I like the
P32BHWC
Plus the LMX B39-8

#109887  by thebigc

CNJGeep wrote:The U34CH, hands down. It was loud, smoky, and pwerful
More like loud, smoky and sluggish.

If you like loud, smoky, and powerful, try the E-60-CH!! :-D

Go for loud, angular, and powerful and choose the E-44. The best GE loco ever!!

#110008  by LCJ

The E44 in your avatar isn't too powerful without any wire overhead. Not too loud, either. :wink:

#110054  by thebigc

LCJ wrote:The E44 in your avatar isn't too powerful without any wire overhead. Not too loud, either. :wink:

I realized the irony after I made the post!

Hope you find this avatar more appropriate :-D

#110219  by LCJ

Ah, the Meadows! (It says Kearny, but I think it's at the Meadows on the motor track.)

I can smell the trash burning at the dump now. That puddle in front of that E44 was there for so long the USGS almost gave it a name. You can almost see the glisten of the PCBs on the surface.

Such sweet memories... :(

#110264  by thebigc

LCJ wrote:Ah, the Meadows! (It says Kearny, but I think it's at the Meadows on the motor track.)

I can smell the trash burning at the dump now. That puddle in front of that E44 was there for so long the USGS almost gave it a name. You can almost see the glisten of the PCBs on the surface.

Such sweet memories... :(
Actually South Kearny but their software wouldn't allow it. Either that or I couldn't figure it out. The shops and e/f was called the Meadows while the yard was called South Kearny.

And you can rest assured those puddles never froze!!

#110337  by LCJ

thebigc wrote:And you can rest assured those puddles never froze!!
For sure!

I have a friend who was a hostler at the Meadows way back when. One night he accidentally fell in the water/oil-filled inspection pit there. What a mess! He's with NS now in Atlanta (name/position withheld to save him undue embarrassment).

Crews on the PRR liked the E44s OK, but GG1s would go like heck with whatever you coupled them to.

#110793  by emd_SD_60

Does anyone here remember the U30CG, a GE copy of a F45? I think Santa Fe only bought them and didn't have many. I wonder where they went to...probably the scrap yard.

#110868  by SRS125

I think the U30CG's were sold to Amtrak from there who knows.

#110873  by LCJ

I'm sorry, it's not a good looking locomotive -- in my opinion anyway.