Railroad Forums 

• ACES Equipment and Secaucus Platform Extension

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1241021  by andegold

I can't swear to the car number at this point but back in late October or early November I definitely walked through a car with BBRX in front of the cars numbers. I thought it was an MLV-II at the time but didn't have mobile access and forgot to post here when I got home. I'm pretty sure it was 8800 and other than the odd number and BBRX marking which almost looked like electrical tape it was an ordinary car.
 #1241060  by CNJGeep

All the new cars come to the property as BBRX cars. You can actually see it on some of the Comet IVs still. 8800 is a VERY recent development. So it's more likely you walked through a freshly-delivered ML-II.
 #1242695  by Silverliner II

Sitting on the Center Street interchange between Conrail and NJT at the west end of the MMC yard as of midnight this morning: two former ACES multilevels, both back in their original NJT multilevel striping. Cars are 8800 (ex-7236) and 7233.
 #1243353  by Silverliner II

ryanov wrote:I wonder why they renumbered just that one car. Did they accidentally step on that number with new deliveries?
No. There are no revenue cars in the 8000-series at all. It only leaves a gap in the multilevel restroom-trailer series now (7200-7235, 7237-7298). But there must be SOMETHING different, indeed. And it is either mechanically, or inside, because on the outside, it looks like the rest of them....
 #1252798  by CNJGeep

Some of the cars have made it back into service. I'm on the 7233 right now. Outside it has the MLII flip-dot-matrix sign, but inside it has the original LCD screens. Regular Multilevel interior. Plus new-car smell :D
 #1252921  by Matt Johnson

That's too bad about the club car. Can't believe they just give up because of that. So (a) the original car was beyond repair? and (b) they don't have the same resources/membership they must've had when they acquired the first car?
 #1252936  by nick11a

Matt Johnson wrote:That's too bad about the club car. Can't believe they just give up because of that. So (a) the original car was beyond repair? and (b) they don't have the same resources/membership they must've had when they acquired the first car?
I guess so. Plus, NJT had to be real good about keeping that train as a single level trainset for the club car, so that must have been difficult for them.
 #1252940  by Patrick Boylan

nick11a wrote:
Matt Johnson wrote:That's too bad about the club car. Can't believe they just give up because of that. So (a) the original car was beyond repair? and (b) they don't have the same resources/membership they must've had when they acquired the first car?
I guess so. Plus, NJT had to be real good about keeping that train as a single level trainset for the club car, so that must have been difficult for them.
What club car, and what train? I didn't know something bad, other than ACES no longer operating, that happened to the ACES club car, and I didn't know NJT had any club cars of its own, single or multi-level.
 #1252949  by nick11a

Patrick Boylan wrote:
nick11a wrote:
What club car, and what train? I didn't know something bad, other than ACES no longer operating, that happened to the ACES club car, and I didn't know NJT had any club cars of its own, single or multi-level.
Take a look here for a video on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGW7d_HxdR4
 #1252958  by Patrick Boylan

nick11a wrote:
Patrick Boylan wrote:
nick11a wrote:

Nick, I would have expected better from a moderator. Why do you have a problem taking 15 seconds answering a question, instead suggesting that I watch a video in order to find out that you and Matt Johnson decided to take this thread off topic and talk about a single level car half of which a bunch of North Jersey Coast line riders lease that has nothing to do with ACES equipment or Secaucus platform extension?
 #1252975  by nick11a

Patrick Boylan wrote:
nick11a wrote:
Patrick Boylan wrote:
nick11a wrote:

Nick, I would have expected better from a moderator. Why do you have a problem taking 15 seconds answering a question, instead suggesting that I watch a video in order to find out that you and Matt Johnson decided to take this thread off topic and talk about a single level car half of which a bunch of North Jersey Coast line riders lease that has nothing to do with ACES equipment or Secaucus platform extension?
To put it simply: I felt it was more cool to show a video so you can actually see it and we can move on. Moving on......