Railroad Forums 

• ACES Equipment and Secaucus Platform Extension

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1239145  by Silverliner II

Silverliner II wrote:ACES coaches 7229, 7230, 7231, and 7232 were parked on the Center Street connection to the Conrail P&H Line this morning awaiting pickup by Conrail for transport.... somewhere.....
I made that post on October 17th. I never got around to updating, thanks to life and the fact that new posts and replies don't come to email any more. But when I was returning from vacation in Canada on October 28th, I drove NY Route 17 back across, and at Gang Mills, crossed under the NS, upon which an NS train with those very four multilevels was passing, heading west.
 #1239375  by AmTransit

CNJGeep wrote:Rumor has it that one is going back to NJT, numbered BBRX 8800. Could this be the new Transit number as well?
Yes. It's in the current bulletin order as added to the equipment list and has retained it's number 8800.
 #1239871  by Silverliner II

AmTransit wrote:
CNJGeep wrote:Rumor has it that one is going back to NJT, numbered BBRX 8800. Could this be the new Transit number as well?
Yes. It's in the current bulletin order as added to the equipment list and has retained it's number 8800.
Interesting random choice of numbering... lol. *shrugs* Ours not to wonder why, but just to accept....
 #1239906  by ns3010

That's quite interesting, considering that there are no other coaches in a 8XXX series OR a X8XX series... hmm.

Is there anything significantly different about this car(s) that could be a reason for the different numbering?
 #1239924  by sixty-six

ns3010 wrote:That's quite interesting, considering that there are no other coaches in a 8XXX series OR a X8XX series... hmm.

Is there anything significantly different about this car(s) that could be a reason for the different numbering?
It's not back yet, so no one knows.
 #1239996  by BigDell

>>Call me crazy, weird, dumb, whatever.....but I still think that one of the ACES cars should have replaced the ol' 5459 (JSCC car) destroyed by Hurricane Sandy.<<

Agreed. A sad loss. :-(
 #1240235  by amtrakowitz

cnj1524 wrote:There is no more JSCC club,they closed the group
Correct. Per their FB page:
We are sad to report that Jersey Shore Commuters Club will be dissolved due to the damage sustained to the Parlor/Club Car as a result of Hurricane Sandy. The car has NOT been in operation since late October 2012, just before Hurricane Sandy hit the Shore region. We thank all our riders and support throughout our 80 years! It's been a good run, and unfortunately the sands of time have run out on this unique operation and institution.