Railroad Forums 

• Wolfeboro Railroad 2-6-2 #250

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1008015  by steamer69

Steamer wrote:Maybe #250 will not be running, but when do you think the last time there were TWO "steamers" on the line! LOL
Now that is some funny! I would love to come by. I'll get in touch with you in the spring once you can see rails again. Sounds like it would be fun.
 #1008252  by Trainlover479

Haha seriously id love to give rides. Our motorcar can hold up to 5 people. though whats a real bummer is we tried coupleing to a work car in the Fernald Enginehouse using our connecting rod, its just too low. Hahaha but cosmo, in all seriousness if you ever get the chance to enter the Fernald Enginehouse, it is pretty cool.

and just to get back on topic, Heres a photograph of the #250 when she was still with the B&HS.
Attachments:
Heres the #250 on the railroad she once worked for,  The Bonhomie and Hatiesburg Southern Railroad.
Heres the #250 on the railroad she once worked for, The Bonhomie and Hatiesburg Southern Railroad.
B&HS-7%20250%2011-44%20Lackman.jpg (62.49 KiB) Viewed 1929 times
 #1008260  by steamer69

So getting back on track then, have you talked with anyone at Edaville about a price or possibility of a lease of that engine? Since you seem to have the money to do this kind of stuff.....
 #1008269  by Trainlover479

I dont even have enough money at all....sorry that when i said i have an MT-14 i was being a jerk about it, i really didnt mean to put it that way, we barley have storage for that thing........and even if i worked my butt off, i dont think id earn enough money. Besides i have no clue where to put a steam locomotive. If i havent stated yet, im just a teen railfan... though me and my bro would like to get our hands on #250, it will be a long/hard way to go.. Whats special about the locomotive to us is that our father had a picture taken of him inside the cab when it was still running, and it would be nice for him to see it under steam again.
 #1008283  by steamer69

A lot of people would like to see it run again, but in order to do that there is a lot of leg work to be done first. And who knows if the owner(s) of the locomotive would even be willing to entertain a sale or lease of the engine. Based on the asking price of Edaville when it was for sale, I would venture a guess that they would ask a price that would be prohibative of anyone putting it back in steam. And if it was to go back into steam, where would it run? A move back to Northern New England would be nice, but it really doesn't have a home anymore....
 #1008329  by Trainlover479

Exactly, I really think this engine would be uniqe to run because its a vlassic Baldwin. Also I personally like the eagle unter the headlight. Looks epic. I think southern NH needs steam action, 250 would be a nice engine for the area. Though it will need a shelter....
 #1008330  by steamer69

and a railroad, and a operations contract, and support staff, and a home base, and a butt load of money.......
 #1008375  by kilroy

CSRR573 wrote:I didn't know Baldwin made pickles........
They didn't. Vlassic makes locomotives. (insert smiley face here) After all it is a "vlassic Baldwin."
 #1008392  by steamer69

Are they "kosher"? I hope so. They steam so much better that way.....

WAAAAA HAAAAAA :-)
 #1008397  by Cosmo

Wait... so now we're trying to steam up a PICKLE?

*FACEPALM!*
 #1008400  by MEC407

I prefer Claussen's Kosher Garlic ALCOs myself. :wink: Find them in your delicatessen's enginehouse today!
 #1008429  by steamer69

what is it with Cosmo and the *FACEPALM!*.....

!!!!UPSIDE DOWN TRIANGLE!!!!