Railroad Forums 

• NEC Equipment Moves and Test Trains

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1282777  by kilroy

Saw them headed back west this afternoon from my office. They were passing through the PATH station in Harrison. Wish I had my camera.
 #1282798  by nomis

Apparently, it took a stroll south of the Mason Dixon to the ACL.
 #1282799  by green_elite_cab

I just saw some of this consist on the Atlantic City Line, going through Woodcrest TOWARDS Atlantic City. I gotta pretty poor video of the consist unfortunately. I had just left the platform and was in PATCO's parking lot when it went by. It looks like they traded a PL42AC for a P40DC somewhere along the line though.

screenshot-

Last edited by green_elite_cab on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1282803  by acelaphillies

Hmmm...that's strange. G.E.C., the photo that you posted shows a P40 as the second unit. The train I saw only had PL42's. Is there a chance that there a two very similar consists running around? Either that or the PL42 was swapped for a P40 at MMC upon turning back for the ACL.
 #1282813  by Backshophoss

Granted the MN equipment is considered part of the "pool",is part of MMC still unusable due to Sandy?
Morrisville is a bit of a hike for wheel truing. :wink:
 #1282828  by green_elite_cab

acelaphillies wrote:Hmmm...that's strange. G.E.C., the photo that you posted shows a P40 as the second unit. The train I saw only had PL42's. Is there a chance that there a two very similar consists running around? Either that or the PL42 was swapped for a P40 at MMC upon turning back for the ACL.
I was distracted by the GP40FH-2, but it was definitely 4901. I noticed your picture had a second PL42AC instead of the P40DC and I wondered the same things.
 #1283008  by 25Hz

green_elite_cab wrote:
acelaphillies wrote:Hmmm...that's strange. G.E.C., the photo that you posted shows a P40 as the second unit. The train I saw only had PL42's. Is there a chance that there a two very similar consists running around? Either that or the PL42 was swapped for a P40 at MMC upon turning back for the ACL.
I was distracted by the GP40FH-2, but it was definitely 4901. I noticed your picture had a second PL42AC instead of the P40DC and I wondered the same things.
Hmm sandy repair test train?
 #1283121  by R3 Passenger

acelaphillies wrote:There is a NJT move on the NEC right now. Going from MVL to NYC. There is a Metro North loco in the consist. Passed Hamilton about 15-20 mins ago.
This move did not originate at MVL. I passed this move around Tacony heading northbound. If I wasn't driving, I would have snapped a shot. It was really an oddity, especially down in SEPTAland.
 #1283128  by srock1028

acelaphillies wrote:There is a NJT move on the NEC right now. Going from MVL to NYC. There is a Metro North loco in the consist. Passed Hamilton about 15-20 mins ago.
It was a move to "kill two birds with one stone." A test train out of the MMC (6018-5021-6593-4005-4901-4801-4108), also with two OK engines (4108 and 4801) to swap out two bad engines (4021 and 4203) in Atlantic City. Nothing more, nothing less.