Railroad Forums 

• Steamtown Lackawanna Railfest Nov. 2-4, 2007

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#464332  by cjvrr

Bennett Levin wrote:7:15 AM EST

Mr. Levin,

I offer a sincere thank you for running the E-8s this past weekend and over the last month. Your E-8s have come to Scranton twice in that time. I also thank you for posting information about those moves.

We are extremely fortunate to have you run these trips and tell the railfan community about them.

Christopher Vitz
Butler, NJ

#467265  by mxdata

Were any worthwhile lessons learned from the experience that might benefit other groups planning future events?

MX

#474026  by Bennett Levin

Yes, a report has been submittted to Kip Hagen.

#474412  by mxdata

Bennett, thanks for everything you have done to help activities like this one. The E-units have been the main attraction just about everywhere they have gone this year. I hope that the folks at NPS are able to remove the blinders and see that without the diesels this would have been just another weekend at Steamtown. Who knows, maybe someday they will even realize there is enough interest to warrant letting people do lectures about diesels at their events.

Wonder if I will live long enough to see it.

#495270  by mxdata

I went to an event recently where the presenter was one of the people who had put together a slide lecture program for Lackawanna Railfest. He commented that at least this time around he had an audience, and then explained that with the late return of the steam fantrip at the Railfest he had no audience to show it to, at the event it was originally intended for. Hope the NPS planning for the NRHS convention works out better.

#495312  by highrail

He did, or did not have an audience?