Railroad Forums 

• Signals test

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#310995  by the missing link

When I started at the AMDG school, I was directed to download the Norac signals from their website to aid in pre-study for signals. While Norac itself has been discontinued, the aspects and indications are essentially the same. The only noticeable difference now is the different warning signs used for trackside workers. A few people mistakenly downloaded the Seaboard rules and signals which arent in use in most of the former Conrail territory, they had to unlearn those and start over which must've been pretty confusing.

As for other peoples "comments" and personal attacks, OH BROTHER...
Whatever!!! I see the point, but lets keep it civil here, O.K.?
If you want a current signals pamphlet, p.m. me and I'll mail one out for you. Again, the best way we figured out to memorize them was drawing the aspect on one side of an index card with the name and meaning on the other. I still use them even when out w/ the old timers, definetly good for a few laughs. Helps the time go by faster when your stuck in the hole somewhere, and they'll appreciate your sincerity for wanting to learn. And you'll probably get some interesting tidbits and seastories. With all the senior guys leaving in the next few years, alot of that knowlege and experience will leave w/ them. Soak it up while you can...

Moderator: this topic probably belongs more in the employment forum

#311410  by CSX Conductor

the missing link wrote:While Norac itself has been discontinued, the aspects and indications are essentially the same.
NORAC has only been discontinued in CSXT's eyes. All other members still operate under NORAC. :wink: