Railroad Forums 

• REAL problems with the 142

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#58112  by Otto Vondrak

Ladies and gentlemen, wave fare-well to our friend Discontented_Railfan. We'll mark his report card "Doesn't play well with others," and leave it at that.

-otto-

#58189  by David

Yes!!--Gone and COMPLETELY forgotten!!!---So much in one or two days!

#58205  by thebigc

Otto Vondrak wrote: Flaming one of the Site Admins is NOT a way to make friends here, "Discontented" (or maybe you're spelling is as crummy as your attitude). -otto-
You must have been pretty upset. You forgot to check your spelling. :wink:

#58212  by Zeke

I really think Discontented Railfan was pulling our leg...nobody on a railfan forum could be that stupid. I really like that down on shot of the train on the Raritan river bridge out side of North branch.I thought I saw a zeppellin lurking that morning ! They always come at you out of the sun.

#58749  by O-6-O

After reading these 6 pages about the 142 I know why I rarely look in on
the NJrailfan forum. Does it come with a code book? I didn,t get any of
it. Oh well. Someone asked if the bearing problem on the 142 was going
to effect her running on 10/15&16 here in NYstate. Any news? I'm
planning on chasing her(after I purchase a ticket) from Bing to SY. Hope
you NJ guys didn't break her. (cool out i'm just kiddin).Thanks

STEAM ON
/--OOO--:-oo--oo-

#59459  by BigDell

Wow... I just caught up with this particular thread after almost a week. Didn't realize so many sparks flew. Looks like it was all for the best in the end
Great analysis and info from rcbsd45.... many thanks for that perspective!

Ummmm... is it wrong to say I'm glad to see "Discontented" get the boot? I still feel like he was not "for real" and was just trolling to stir trouble, I don't know..... Anyway, thats neither here nor there, I know... Just happy we don't have to read those insulting comments.

I really enjoyed all the "backstage" info from rcbsd45 on what went on with 142, that really gives the whole thing some color. Thanks to all for all the great steam and diesel photos from that day, especially Young Nick's 142 shots and Ken's shots from the air. Most enjoyable.
Cheers!
BigDell

#59556  by nick11a

^Yeah, some sparks did fly in here.

Glad you enjoyed the shots.

Young Nick :wink:

#59593  by rcbsd45

Thanks for the kind words. I normally try not to get involved with persons such as our late flame thrower(And i used to think a "flame thrower" was a nickname for a bouncer in a gay bar!), but i felt i had to respond and put my spin on things. I make no claim to having all the answers to all the questions, but I have been an NYSW THS member for almost 15 years and am a contributing editor and columnist of the THS's periodical, the REFLECTOR(named after the original NYS&W employee newsletter). I will defend the character of my friends and fellow members when attacked, (and thats what this was, an attack with baseless charges just short of libel and slander, IMHO)but as this person is no longer on the board, whats done is done.
Glad to read that my comments were recieved favorably. Sometimes its a bit tough to present things in such a manner as not to appear as a FKIA( -----ing Know it All) or something similar, and as a railroader by profession for 17 years, One thing i try not to do is to "talk down" to those who do not work for the railroad. Anyway, whats done is done, this person is no longer around, and lets get back to what matters, and that is our common interest in railroading!

RCB

#59617  by trainfreak

Well nice job handling the situation RCB. Its good to have people like you around to tell all of us railfans the real story so there arent any major rumors or major flame wars created by people who thought they knew what happened. As for me im off into the morning mist for a trip to the Riverline.

#59745  by BigDell

Well nice job handling the situation RCB. Its good to have people like you around to tell all of us railfans the real story so there arent any major rumors or major flame wars created by people who thought they knew what happened.
Agreed, agreed, agreed 100%.
RCB does not "talk down" nor does he appear condescending. That was strictly good and straightforward info and MUCH appreciated.
Again, thanks!
BigDell

(Wow - 7:14PM and I can hear a big'ol freight approaching Potters right now.... I should run down there... :-)

#59799  by njt5140

rcbsd45 wrote:I normally try not to get involved with persons such as our late flame thrower(And i used to think a "flame thrower" was a nickname for a bouncer in a gay bar!)RCB
I always knew the "Flame Thrower" as Z100 in the mid 80's under the PD of Scott Shannon, or a jingle package by Jam Creative Productions.