Railroad Forums 

• Railroad Map with Mileposts and Control Points

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#917982  by MBTA3247

Brief nitpick: the south portal on the Orange Line is nestled between the Boston & Albany and Northeast Corridor tracks, not north of the B&A tracks as you've shown it.
 #918105  by The EGE

WOW that looks fabulous. I too have a nitpick; between Harrison Ave and Albany St a single track diverges from the eastbound NEC tracks and curves under Herald St. It is not shown on your map.

I have seen your excellent CT and RI maps; have you made any others?
 #918151  by checkthedoorlight

The Orange line drops under the CSX line, it's just hard to see in the screenshot. Bear in mind I took that teaser screen shot last year. I have made a number of updates (i.e. CSX tk 7 was extended to Tower 1, the Boston Herald siding, the Green Lines mapped, etc) since then.

See my website for my other completed maps.
 #918879  by BostonUrbEx

Great teaser there! I know you mentioned you have to complete the Orange Line north of North Station, but immediately south is the North Station crossover which I noticed was missing. Also, the Worcester Line west of Back Bay is oddly named "Washington St Tunnel" (that's the Orange Line from NEMC/Tufts MC to State Street).
 #919396  by checkthedoorlight

Guys, quit over-analysing that screenshot. It was a work in process before I went to Boston way back in summer of 2009 to scout stuff out. I have 4 tracks at the Science Park portal now too (that Green line through downtown sure is screwy...). This is why I don't like to release stuff until I'm completely finished and have triple-checked everything.

Weird, I'm not sure how that Washington St labeling happened. What's the correct name of that tunnel?
 #919921  by CSX Conductor

checkthedoorlight wrote:Weird, I'm not sure how that Washington St labeling happened. What's the correct name of that tunnel?
The CSX main line's tunnel at Back Bay is referred to as The Prudential Tunnel since it runs under the Prudential Building/Center.
 #919924  by CSX Conductor

checkthedoorlight wrote:I have made a number of updates (i.e. CSX tk 7 was extended to Tower 1,

See my website for my other completed maps.
Just to clarify: In Back Bay Station tracks 5 & 7 are numbered that way to avoid passenger cunfusion. Technically those tracks are CSXT tracks #1 & 2 respectively. CSXT ends at the eastbound signal of Cove Interlocking. From Cove Interlocking to Tower One they are tracks 5 & 7.
 #920151  by MBTA1016

diburning wrote:http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5692 ... kchart.pdf

Here you go.

Greenbush may be a bit off since this map was drawn before Greenbush was built.
There is no access to this map so don't bother clicking on the above link
 #921047  by bostonrailfan

Okay this is all great stuff. I have looked over these maps and I have started to write my book, I was wondering if it would be okay if I could use any of these maps in my book? Also, from time to time, I will be glad to post sections of my book on here from you all that have helped me out so greatfully with the information, if you would check to see if I have any mistakes on any of the information wrong or what have you. Again this would be of great help.
 #921185  by diburning

Mbta fan wrote:
diburning wrote:http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5692 ... kchart.pdf

Here you go.

Greenbush may be a bit off since this map was drawn before Greenbush was built.
There is no access to this map so don't bother clicking on the above link
Apparently, ImageShack was not too happy with the PDF format.

Here it is reuploaded as a JPG.

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/8100 ... kchart.jpg
 #921406  by bostonrailfan

Okay for the past few days, while listening to my scanner, I have been hearing the engineers say something about package to the world, and wallies world, I have also heard them say no d's, no changes. Could someone please enlighten me about what these mean? I just want to make sure that I understand what they mean before I put the wrong thing into my book. thanks again for everyone helping me out on the maps, You all are great help.
 #921425  by sery2831

The package for Wally World means that they are dropping someone off at the crew trailer(named Wally World) by the MBCR S&I facility at Northampton St Yard.

The term no Ds and no changes is the conductor telling the engineer no messages for the trip. Ds refer to Form Ds.