Railroad Forums 

• Railroad Map with Mileposts and Control Points

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#909361  by The EGE

Very cool, Mike. Only one thing in that diagram confuses me. Why are there platforms on the NEC at Readville? (Google Maps confirms their existence) Seems like a waste to build two platforms plus a whole slew of connecting bridges - for a station without regular service via the NEC.
 #909410  by BostonUrbEx

The EGE wrote:Very cool, Mike. Only one thing in that diagram confuses me. Why are there platforms on the NEC at Readville? (Google Maps confirms their existence) Seems like a waste to build two platforms plus a whole slew of connecting bridges - for a station without regular service via the NEC.
They made it for railfans, of course! ;D :P
 #909514  by bostonrailfan

No I haven't, until now that is. The ones I haven't found are the ones for the Southampton Street Rail yard used by Amtrak, and the Boston Engine Terminal (over by North Station). Anyone know what frequencies they use? I am only asking because I work near the B.E.T. and live near the Southampton St. Yard. Now to get back to mitch3910, I live about a mile from the Southampton St. Yard, also there are a few buildings between me and the rail yard. Do you think this may be causing me not to hear the frequencies?
 #909538  by jonnhrr

MBTA3247 wrote:
Jersey_Mike wrote:Ask and you shall receive.

MBCR Whole System
Amtrak Era North Side Only
"Massachusetts Bay Colony Railroad"?
Most people don't know that 200 years before George Stephenson, the Pilgrims under William Bradford had established a railroad at the Plymouth colony, named the Massachusetts Bay Colony Railroad :-)

Jon
 #909726  by MBTA3247

dieciduej wrote:
MBTA3247 wrote:
Jersey_Mike wrote:Ask and you shall receive.

MBCR Whole System
Amtrak Era North Side Only
"Massachusetts Bay Colony Railroad"?
Massachusetts Bay Commuter Railroad
I know, I was wondering how the other guy got that wrong.
 #911974  by Puter-Geek

diburning wrote:http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5692 ... kchart.pdf

Here you go.

Greenbush may be a bit off since this map was drawn before Greenbush was built.
Few mistakes that I know of on the middleboro. After Rand, you have CP Union (for the crossing), Then the next two interlockings in Brockton are Howard and Grove. Then the 2 interlockings in Bridgewater are Westdale and Stanley. Then in MIddleboro, you have Mid and Pilgrim.
 #916056  by F-line to Dudley via Park

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 26&t=80805

checkthedoorlight's RI track map is done! Shows all the MBTA territory on the NEC, including tentative Wickford Jct. platform location.

He says he's getting pretty far along on the MA state map. We should be able to gorge on that soon.
 #917282  by RailBus63

MBTA3247 wrote: I know, I was wondering how the other guy got that wrong.
Maybe he named it this way purposely to eliminate any official suspicion that he took this from the real MBCR and didn't create it himself.
 #917930  by checkthedoorlight

Gerry6309 wrote:Rich Greene "checkthedoorlight" is working on a "Southern New England" trackmap. His maps are as accurate as possible, showing every milepost, crossing, bridge, platform, and most industrial sidings and spurs. He already has the shore line posted as far as the CT-RI line. Best maps in the east!
My Massachusetts map is currently being worked on. I have all of the South Side done except for some of the B&A, as well as all of the subway network except for the Orange line past North Station. I'm hoping to complete and release the map sometime in late 2011. Here's a teaser

My Rhode Island track map was just released, and includes South Attleboro to TF Green Airport.

And it's Green, like the color.