Railroad Forums 

• Pan Am's Heritage Locomotives

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#945155  by 161pw165

Interesting if the "rumor" is true. Bluebird scheme and then sold to a museum or tourist line, perhaps? I can't see them going Pan Am with it if they're looking to purge the roster of these old war-horses.
 #945452  by thebigham

^Crews prefer the GP9s to switch Deerfield yard.

The GP9s are also more well suited for Maine's light rail branch lines.
 #950360  by thebigham

RUMORS:

I have received several e-mails asking me if I have heard anything about
GP-9s at Waterville,MAINE. No I have not heard anything I can report that's
confirmed. What I have heard in general ,you take your pick.

I have heard Waterville is painting one the GP-9 in Heritage Scheme BM
Maroon, , than I heard BM Blue, I than I heard MEC Gold.

But than I heard they
are painting all three GP-9's in three different Heritage Schemes.

Gary Young W.F.P.T.
at GRS Yahoo group
 #950412  by jr145

What i heard from one of the managers is one of each, with the bm maroon one saying pan am southern on the side stripe.
 #959882  by KSmitty

I was up by the yard yesterday, nothing special was outfront or right by the road, had to figure they'd hide it away. But from no view point could I find any signs of any GP9 in anything other than worn G gray.

[OT]
What I did find fascinating is at the north end of the yd, there are still 2 IM tractor cranes, 1 even has the G logo on the door. Its been how long since IM moved outta Waterville and still the cranes are there...I've never really looked around and taken in Waterville, yesterday I actually stopped and looked at the whole picture, not just the trains, and found it most interesting where you can find the "G" logo, even up on the sanding towers. I kinda wish I hadn't taken it all in, Waterville looks more grungy and run down than ever! [/OT]
 #960179  by MEC407

Per Mr. Kevin Burkholder on the GRSSightings group, ST 77 has been painted in maroon & gold and left Waterville westbound around 15:20 this afternoon.
 #960208  by MEC407

"westbound out of Waterville at 15:20" was what the message said.
 #960223  by KSmitty

OK, thanks!

Just took a trip out to Leeds Jct. not a thing in sight. I've been listening for horns but haven't heard anything since about 2 today in the Leeds/Monmouth/Winthrop area. I guess it must have slipped by me :(
 #960238  by KSmitty

Turns out I didnt miss them!

77 is in B&M maroon & gold and looks beautiful. Contrary to reports here and on the GRSightings yahoo group it has Boston And Maine Lettering not PAR or Pan Am Southern.
Ill have pictures in a minute
 #960245  by newpylong

Can't wait to see the pictures. Very surprised it says B&M... beggar's can't be choosers, but here's looking for some Harvest Gold and Blue next!
 #960257  by jr145

KSmitty wrote:Turns out I didnt miss them!

77 is in B&M maroon & gold and looks beautiful. Contrary to reports here and on the GRSightings yahoo group it has Boston And Maine Lettering not PAR or Pan Am Southern.
Ill have pictures in a minute

The managers lied to me?!?!?! Never!

Lol JK, but I'm glad I was told the truth. I was afraid they might decide to scrap the idea and that I got everyone's hopes up for nothing.