Railroad Forums 

• Pan Am Repaint Thread

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#884571  by newpylong

CFD125 wrote:Don't forget, nobody liked the charcoal / orange GuIlford scheme for years and years.

Now people are excited to catch an all gray lashup on camera.

Would have been nice to see a white seperation stripe between the charcaol and blue on the smurfs.
They are? The sooner the Big G goes away the better. An end to a bitter era in New England railroading, even if it's just paint.
 #887047  by bmcdr

The 600 is on the loose, and headed westbound in her new Pan Am paint. I was headed east on a passenger train this evening, and we met the 600 canned at JK South Lawrence.
 #899645  by shadyjay

We've got photo confirmation of #611 in Pan Am colors:
http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo ... ate&page=2

For those just joining us....
Based on observations/reports on this thread and via photos seen on NERAIL, this is what I have for locos in Pan Am Phase II, thus far:

B&M 326
B&M 327
MEC 307
MEc 310
MEC 313
MEC 337
MEC 345
MEC 349
MEC 350
MEC 352
MEC 354
MEC 370
MEC 378
MEC 381
MEC 382
MEC 501
MEC 503
MEC 504
MEC 505 - repainted from Phase I, 12/10
MEC 506 - First Phase II painted locomotive May '08
MEC 516 - No nose logo to date
MEC 517 - No nose logo to date
MEC 600
MEC 601
MEC 602
MEC 603
MEC 604
MEC 605
MEC 606
MEC 607
MEC 608
MEC 609
MEC 611
MEC 612
PAR 1 - ex Conway Scenic RR FP-9
PAR 2 - ex Conway Scenic RR FP-9
 #901396  by MEC407

I noticed that as well. It's because of the indentation where the nose headlights used to be.
 #962978  by KSmitty

Yeah, we had quite a good time with that back when the first picture like that was taken, :) someone musta switched out a PAR blue door for a GRS Gray door...
 #963013  by Mikejf

Hope someone gets the rattle cans out. Could be a while before the unit is near the paint shop again.
 #974520  by ShortlinesUSA

Has there been any more info on the development of a new paint scheme, which was mentioned during the time of the heritage paint schemes? I am under the impression we've seen the last of the dip blues from info I've seen here and elsewhere, but Waterville was turning out repaints quite quickly, yet things have now turned quiet. Any updates are appreciated!
 #975320  by jwhite07

There used to be a GRS/Pan Am locomotive roster summary posted monthly to the Guilford Rail Sightings Yahoo group, I believe compiled by diburning, who is also active here on Railroad.net. It was a very useful guide to what was painted in what scheme, and what was inactive or active.

diburning, if you're monitoring this thread, was that your work, and if so will you be resuming posting of the summary at all?
 #975329  by KSmitty

The roster was developed by Bill Gingrich who had a presence here, might still, name was GuilfordRailfan on here. Diburning picked up the job and Bill took it back and it has since lapsed.
 #975483  by guilfordrailfan

KSmitty wrote:The roster was developed by Bill Gingrich who had a presence here, might still, name was GuilfordRailfan on here. Diburning picked up the job and Bill took it back and it has since lapsed.
I'm still here, mostly lurking. :-) Due to a combination of unforseen personal circumstances, I no longer post rosters on GuilfordRailSightings or anywhere else.
 #975641  by jwhite07

Bill, sorry to hear you no longer compile the roster, but thank you for your hard work in the past! I always found it most interesting and informative.