Railroad Forums 

• Pan Am Repaint Thread

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1012960  by MEC407

As of five days ago 511 was still a smurf. I suppose it's not impossible that it was repainted between then and now, but traditionally it has taken them a bit longer than that to paint and release a unit.
 #1013548  by Badandy

I don't think that PAR has painting this unit on their mind....The last time I saw this unit, which wasn't too long ago,
it looked as if it was just painted. It was clean and shining. It looked as if it was just painted, except for the grafitti.
So then why would they paint over a paint job that was in great shape? Andy
 #1013705  by KSmitty

If thats the case, you would really think they would be after all the grinchy units running around in gray. At least 511 has the right name on the side...
 #1028882  by mec 381

MEC 617 was sitting next to the round house this morning in new Pan Am paint.
 #1030594  by bm1838

I heard it has a blown motor, probably will spend some time at Waterville for replacement.
Anyone have an update on its location>?

Cory
 #1032953  by jr145

Tim Mullins wrote:Gonna take alot more than paint to change their image!

It's like painting directly ontop of rust. Eventually the paint will flake and start showing the rust underneath.
 #1032979  by newpylong

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Sometimes the new boss aint the same as the old boss. Time will tell.