Railroad Forums 

• Official Tilton Caboose Train Thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#398360  by B&Mguy

What time does the train leave Tilton/Northfield on the 19th? I'd like to get some pictures of it at Laconia Station. Also, does it return from Plymouth on the same day?

#398941  by wog820

We probaly gonna leave around 8:30am heading for Plymouth, I don;t know how long in Plymouth but we are spending the nite at the X-mas tree plantation in Ashland. about 3 to 4 miles south of Plymouth.

#401094  by wog820

Another great trip under the belt. :-D We are going out again on the 16th of June ,NEGS is gonna take us down to Concord for the night. :wink:
 #401924  by wog820

Just want thank Ian for the new title,(Caboose Thread) :-) And Frank FBJ 672 for the ride in the Winnipesaukee River this weekend, :-D It was a great ride I hope you enjoyed your pie! :P

Putting together another video for You Tube this week ,please check it out! :P

#409880  by B&Mguy

What's the route and time for the trip this Saturday (6/16)?
 #410222  by wog820

Going south out of Tilton, destination Concord. probaly leave around 10;00, 10;30. I've been told this week that this might be our last trip to Concord. :( Why ? I don't know. but I'm sure I'll find out this weekend.

#410349  by B&Mguy

Tilton to Concord. that's a pretty short trip. Do you guys return to Tilton that same day?
 #410371  by NHN503

wog820 wrote:Going south out of Tilton, destination Concord. probaly leave around 10;00, 10;30. I've been told this week that this might be our last trip to Concord. :( Why ? I don't know. but I'm sure I'll find out this weekend.
It has to do with GRS problems...I can't disclose the details at this point, but it may not be your last trip to Concord...just to Concord Yard. You'll still be able to go to MP C1.
 #410381  by NHOwl

This is quite rare mileage. I did it with MBRRE in September but even so I wouldn't mind hitching a ride if any of the caboose owners wanted to offer it one way from Tilton to Concord! I'm happy to pay a few bucks actually.

Mark

#410478  by wog820

It has to do with GRS problems...I can't disclose the details at this point, but it may not be your last trip to Concord...just to Concord Yard. You'll still be able to go to MP C1.

When we went on New Years we only went to MP C1, just across from the Marriott. As this was always where Peter parked the train. Last time we went down park behind Burlington Coat was in 2005. :(
Tilton to Concord. that's a pretty short trip. Do you guys return to Tilton that same day?

No we will be there for the nite, across from Marriot.probaly head North around 12;30 - 1;00 on sunday after the triple runaround move NEGS has to make with our long train. No siding long enough in Concord to go around the whole train :wink:

This is quite rare mileage. I did it with MBRRE in September but even so I wouldn't mind hitching a ride if any of the caboose owners wanted to offer it one way from Tilton to Concord! I'm happy to pay a few bucks actually.

That's not impossible , just be there saturday morning to see who you could bribe :-D

#410652  by b&m 1566

Well I haven’t been up there to talk to Peter in a while but it doesn't surprise me that Pan Am is keeping them from bringing the train into the yard. Which leads me to my question: Has a caboose ever gone up to Penacook? If so will one ever head up that way again? Peter and company have put a lot of work into the track up that way (under Pan Am scrutiny) and I would like to see their hard work pay off for something giving the fact there are no customers up there.

#410710  by NHN503

I'll be working for Peter on the caboose train. It'll be an early morning as we depart Concord at 0630. I'll see you there!