Railroad Forums 

• Official Tilton Caboose Train Thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#278507  by wog820

Yeah, they are getting pretty full there, I'm hearing that the ex B&M 487 (Milford Bennington caboose).supposed to go there also. Look for that on its way up! Thats supposed to move by rail too..not sure when. You know who to see for that! Anyway I should be here for this ride, the train leaves early , by 8 am.
 #278510  by GP40MC 1116

wog820 wrote:Yeah, they are getting pretty full there, I'm hearing that the ex B&M 487 (Milford Bennington caboose).supposed to go there also. Look for that on its way up! Thats supposed to move by rail too..not sure when. You know who to see for that! Anyway I should be here for this ride, the train leaves early , by 8 am.
Yes im sure NEGS will bring it up, do you own a caboose?
 #278657  by wog820

No, but I used to lease one for a while until my friend sold it..Now I just ride with him on certain trips.. This hobby can get expensive! Someday soon I will own though! :wink:

#388149  by wog820

Another trip is planned for the 28th of April,2007 Tilton to Lincoln, with the return the next day. :-)

I hoping the HOBO shows up with the 1921 to pull us rather than the usual S 1 or S3 that would make it interesting. :P

There should be a few more cabooses this time that haven't been on any trips yet. And I think there gonna shuffle some cars around if the Pullman Car (Granite State) is ready to move since its sale.

#388202  by GP40MC 1116

Paul:

Would this be the first trip for the "Loose Caboose" meaning of course the one painted in NYC Colors? Also I beleive another blue Caboose was shipped up North as it was put on the rail by NEGS in Concord

Pictures here of Loose Caboose-
http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo ... 20Railroad

Second One-
http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo ... 20Railroad

#388247  by wog820

I don't know yet if DJ's Loose Caboose will be on it, but the B&M 487 will be on its first trip north. The loose Caboose is supposed to be painted in Rutland Colors over the winter in Lincoln and the Bangor & Aroostock wooden caboose formally C-54, C-122 should be coming south back to Tilton, work on this caboose is almost complete. :wink:

#388309  by B&Mguy

What time does the caboose train leave Tilton on the 28th? i'd like to chase it. Also, what time does it depart Lincoln the next morning?

#388689  by wog820

What time does the caboose train leave Tilton on the 28th? i'd like to chase it. Also, what time does it depart Lincoln the next morning?

When we leave Tilton it's usually around 8:00am, on sunday when we leave Lincoln it's usually around 9:00 or 10:00 am with a lunch stop in Plymouth :wink:

I'll be aboard the "Cold Harbor" :wink:

#392057  by B&Mguy

I was just wondering if they are still going to run the train from Tilton at 8 AM tomorrow. I know that parts of this line are prone to wash out during heavy rains. Also if they are, can anyone tell me what time the train should be arriving in Lincoln? Will there be a stop in Plymotuh as well? Thanks for any info.

#392086  by wog820

As of right now there are no washouts , track was inspected other day by by the trackcar group from Tilton to the Lakeport Draw all looked good.

The train is scheduled to leave at 8:00 am,we usually get in Lincoln around Noon. There are no stops on the way to Lincoln, the return trip on sunday we have a stop in Plymouth, we'll be there from like 12:00 to 1:00 and usually return to Tilton around 3:30. :wink:

#392115  by NHN503

wog820 wrote:As of right now there are no washouts , track was inspected other day by by the trackcar group from Tilton to the Lakeport Draw all looked good.

The train is scheduled to leave at 8:00 am,we usually get in Lincoln around Noon. There are no stops on the way to Lincoln, the return trip on sunday we have a stop in Plymouth, we'll be there from like 12:00 to 1:00 and usually return to Tilton around 3:30. :wink:

Did Hobo get to fix the washout north of Lakeport yard? On Saturday when we did our inspection trip we were only able to get a Form D from Northfield to the Lakeport Draw because of a washout just north of the yard.

#392148  by B&Mguy

One more question: what time on Sunday does the train leave Lincoln? I'm debating which of the two trains would be better to chase.

#392158  by wog820

Well I just heard the engines wil be in Tilton by 5:oo or 6:00 and I'm leaving home in a minute to go. So I guess I'll see when I get there. 2hrs :wink:

We'll probaly leave Lincoln around 9:00 on sunday :wink: