Railroad Forums 

• Official New England Southern Thread (NEGS)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1557293  by NHN503

Rockguy wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:31 am Cars can hold just over 100 tons. I’m pretty sure would be a dedicated train with 40 cars. Im also pretty sure all other traffic heads west at Lowell coming down from nh and these cars would be going east.
Once it gets to Nashua yes it would most likely become a dedicated train to LJ but our interchange may be tacked onto it up to that point or to (Lowell) to drop the interchange cars. Our current traffic goes west but there is some eastern movement potential as well. Or the local could still handle our interchange cars, unknown at this point until PAR's sale starts to have a more focused direction.

Either way, you'll be getting top-notch service from us.
 #1557626  by backroadrails

I know Thortin Construction in Prospect has a pit next to the CP (exCMQ Searsport sub). I know Pan Am was charging a good chunk of change to interchange cars, but with CP ending NMJ haulage, Pan Am (and whatever railroad operates it after the sale) might be willing to place nice.
 #1558946  by NHN503

steam1246 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:45 am What's happening with 2555? Seems like its been in Burlington a long time if just for an "inspection". Is it indeed staying in Vermont for the Winter/Spring?
It wasn't in for just an inspection. We'd also requested some additions such as, HotStart, SmartStart, etc. which take time in a shop that also has to serve the rest of the system as well.

It is scheduled to be back for January's cars. And yes we run all year now.