Railroad Forums 

• Official New England Southern Thread (NEGS)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#278838  by GP40MC 1116

wog820 wrote:Now that the washout is fixed, Peter will be able to come up for the cabooses sometime!
That and the Lakes Region Part II trip Sept 16th from Merideth-Concord and return for the Mass Bay RRE. one thing Peter told me was all the washout stuff was paid by FEMA.. really :) happy about that one!
 #280726  by b&m 1566

GP40MC 1116 wrote:
wog820 wrote:Now that the washout is fixed, Peter will be able to come up for the cabooses sometime!
That and the Lakes Region Part II trip Sept 16th from Merideth-Concord and return for the Mass Bay RRE. one thing Peter told me was all the washout stuff was paid by FEMA.. really :) happy about that one!
Yeah apparently you still have to pay for the second half of the trip even if you went on the first one. I think that’s bull... If we already paid for a trip that wasn't finish why should we have to pay again, not to mention that we still had to pay full price for the first part of the trip. That’s what I was told if we went on the original trip that the make up one was going to be included in the price but I got an email from MBRRE a few days ago saying that to go on the train everyone has to pay AGAIN. There treating this likes it’s a whole nether fan trip separate from the original one.

#283770  by b&m 1566

Must be getting ready for that big inspection Pan Am is threatening on them. Wonder if the FRA train that was in the area a few weeks ago was in connections with this tie projected and the wash out up north.

#283775  by GP40MC 1116

b&m 1566 wrote:Must be getting ready for that big inspection Pan Am is threatening on them. Wonder if the FRA train that was in the area a few weeks ago was in connections with this tie projected and the wash out up north.
True.. it's a bunch of BS! :( I believe the FRA T-17 that was up on the weekend of July 8/9 was parked their due to the face their are numerious hotels in the Concord Downtown area, verses Manchester or Bow were their is nothing really!

#283783  by GP40MC 1116

Well.. since it seems only three of us post on this, i know alot of others in NH and other areas who are big fans of the NEGS folow this! Just another great thing brought to you by the NEGS fans- Bernie (GP40MC 1116) Brian (b&m 1566) and Andria (AKB2370)

:-D

#283788  by b&m 1566

Anybody want to see some footage of the NEGS in action? This was filmed on a Caboose train. The location is just north of the Concord rail yard where the track was relocated for the new buildings you see as it snakes around them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Pgznwo30A

#283840  by wog820

hey guys, there is another caboose coming up that Peter will pick up in Manchester, supposed come out on a frieght from upstate NY, should be in the area first or second week Sept. It's gonna hang around in Concord so the new owner can work on it, then go north for paint in the winter. Glad you like my video, Sending Bernie A DVD of some of the action I filmed in the past. Great stuff!!! Sometime in Oct. Caboose train going back to Conord. :wink:

#285697  by GP40MC 1116

Stoped in Concord today and observed their was quite a few cars in the parking lot by the NEGS Offices/Concord Tower. A guy approached me and i inroduced myself, he was the one of the sons of the NEGS owner. As he got out of his "personal" hi-rail truck which i thought was neat. As he told me peering down the line, he told me the other NEGS guys were hard at work on a fairly large Tie Project stretching from Blue Seal in Bow up to the Concord Yard. You could see a blinking yellow light which was one of the NEGS Hi-Rail trucks was doing protection for the crews as the NEGS Local Train was on it's way back up from Manchester w 28 cars, this was at 6:30PM. I am also told that the NEGS Tie Project includes going North quite a bit and doing ties up their as well

#285702  by b&m 1566

So... how many ties are they replacing? The line from Blue Seal south to the power plant switch needs some tie work as well. I would rather see work done there rather than north of Concord; there's not a lot of traffic north of Concord and would think the money would be better spent on the line to the power plant.

#285706  by GP40MC 1116

b&m 1566 wrote:So... how many ties are they replacing? The line from Blue Seal south to the power plant switch needs some tie work as well. I would rather see work done there rather than north of Concord; there's not a lot of traffic north of Concord and would think the money would be better spent on the line to the power plant.
Heh, let Pan Am do the work, they "own" it

From the information I recieved, they will be replacing over 500 plus ties

#285722  by b&m 1566

Pan Am owns it but NEGS is the sole operator of the track. Pan Am pays NEGS to handle the freight north of Manchester so they don't have too. It's NEGS responsibility per contract agreement to maintain the track that Pan Am doesn't use. NEGS is still responsible to meeting the guidelines set forth by Pan Am. If those guidelines aren't met and or fallowed Pan Am has the right to terminate the contract. There for NEGS is responsible for the track north of the Bow Power Plant because Pan Am doesn't go passed that mark.

#285724  by GP40MC 1116

b&m 1566 wrote:Pan Am owns it but NEGS is the sole operator of the track. Pan Am pays NEGS to handle the freight north of Manchester so they don't have too. It's NEGS responsibility per contract agreement to maintain the track that Pan Am doesn't use. NEGS is still responsible to meeting the guidelines set forth by Pan Am. If those guidelines aren't met and or fallowed Pan Am has the right to terminate the contract. There for NEGS is responsible for the track north of the Bow Power Plant because Pan Am doesn't go passed that mark.
Well we know one side has kept their end up, for those other people..Pan something... well.. don't get me started..

#285729  by b&m 1566

Bernie if only Pan Am would go up on the price NEGS would gladly take over the operations south of Manchester to Nashua. It would benefit NEGS and all the customers north of Nashua a lot more. NEGS would probably even get the customers back in Penacook. Pan Am head honchos agreed to NEGS taking over but are the same ones that expect NEGS to do it for the same rate.
I wonder if that would even include the Hillsboro branch to Milford, however that's a pipe dream for now!
Case in point… “When does Pan Am keep there end up?” NEVER!!!

#286274  by GP40MC 1116

b&m 1566 wrote:Bernie if only Pan Am would go up on the price NEGS would gladly take over the operations south of Manchester to Nashua. It would benefit NEGS and all the customers north of Nashua a lot more. NEGS would probably even get the customers back in Penacook. Pan Am head honchos agreed to NEGS taking over but are the same ones that expect NEGS to do it for the same rate.
I wonder if that would even include the Hillsboro branch to Milford, however that's a pipe dream for now!
Case in point… “When does Pan Am keep there end up?” NEVER!!!
True, if only Pan Am would just realize they can't do the Manchester/Nashua opperations faithfully, let NEGS handle it. Yes the NEGS crews would need training on the line and other stuff to qualify for it, but it shouldn't be that bad. Who knows, NEGS would pick up so much, that the trai would be not 20 something cars, but over 40, 50! That would be quite a site to see. Yup, Pan Am never keeps their end up!