Railroad Forums 

• NYSW to own CEFX leasors

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#989769  by NYSW3022

waldwickrailfan wrote:
NYSW3022 wrote:For those of you without facebook, this is what started it all. Taken from Altoonaworks Facebook page.
I hear you guys put in a bid to rebuild the SD60's that the NYSW is getting. I heard from my boss that u guys and someone out west are the 2 bidders. Do you know anything about it?
Now no where does this say that these are SD40's, SD45's or SD anything else other than SD60's. They are purchasing 8 SD60's of SOO/Indiana RR/CEFX heritage (in the 6000 number range). I will not reveal how I know, but my source is above reproach and 100% reliable in all matters on and off the rail road.
also how do you know they are soo and indiana rr related. all said was CEFX.
cause when i found out about this 2 months ago that wad the information conveyed to me.
 #989772  by scottychaos

So that would be these beasties then:

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=2607464

(looks like all are still sporting their original SOO Red & White paint)

NYSW3022,
you may well know what you are talking about..
but your attitude isn't scoring you any credibility points here..
you talk about 6th grade..you might want to check the perceived maturity level of your own posts.
(hint: it's low)
if you are in fact associated with the railroad in some kind of official manner, you should act a bit more professional.

Scot
 #989773  by NYSW3022

scottychaos wrote:So that would be these beasties then:

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=2607464

(looks like all are still sporting their original SOO Red & White paint)

NYSW3022,
you may well know what you are talking about..
but your attitude isn't scoring you any credibility points here..
you talk about 6th grade..you might want to check the perceived maturity level of your own posts.
(hint: it's low)
if you are in fact associated with the railroad in some kind of official manner, you should act a bit more professional.

Scot
luckily for me I'm not. And if the opinion of rr.net foamers mattered to me in the slightest i'd contimplate killing myself.
 #989779  by keiffer

OK... So we have determined that they are buying some SD60 for future rebuild and use on the railroad... Where does that leave the current fleet?

1. Being turned over as payment in part/or full for rebuilds?
2. Traded to CEFX in lue of payment in part/or full for the SD60's?
3. Will some be kept freeing the NS/CSX Geeps?

I personally would have liked to have seen some more SD40-2 come around... But that is just me hoping...

Stay civil

Keith
 #989784  by DutchRailnut

untill letters CEFX are painted out and NYS&W are added all this is still only rumours.

be it SD60's or SD40-2m..
 #990337  by sullivan1985

Ok. From what I gathered from the other locked thread, the NYSW will be adding a pack of SD60s to their fleet. This is interesting to me as it appeared they wanted to keep an all 645 shop. Nobody was quite sure of the future of the SD70Ms when they returned and then the CEFX SD40s showed up. But now they appear to be a quick fix until more permanent power solutions come along.

Anyways... Being that SD60s are on the way and the arrival of the CEFX GP20Ds, could the leased CSX & NS power could become a thing of the past?
 #990359  by waldwickrailfan

sullivan1985 wrote:Ok. From what I gathered from the other locked thread, the NYSW will be adding a pack of SD60s to their fleet. This is interesting to me as it appeared they wanted to keep an all 645 shop. Nobody was quite sure of the future of the SD70Ms when they returned and then the CEFX SD40s showed up. But now they appear to be a quick fix until more permanent power solutions come along.

Anyways... Being that SD60s are on the way and the arrival of the CEFX GP20Ds, could the leased CSX & NS power could become a thing of the past?
i think the NYSW will keep the leased power for the first few months the SD60's are in service. but eventually a thing of the past.
 #990424  by NYSW3022

sullivan1985 wrote:Ok. From what I gathered from the other locked thread, the NYSW will be adding a pack of SD60s to their fleet. This is interesting to me as it appeared they wanted to keep an all 645 shop. Nobody was quite sure of the future of the SD70Ms when they returned and then the CEFX SD40s showed up. But now they appear to be a quick fix until more permanent power solutions come along.

That's the general idea. By the time it's all said and done, the leasers in all shapes and color schemes will be off the property.
 #990457  by charlie6017

Back open..............please just remember to keep the facts straight and the conversations civil, that's all I ask.

Charlie
 #990498  by thebigham

^This thread was locked?

This has been happening a lot lately here at Railroad.Net. What is going on?
 #990583  by Noel Weaver

thebigham wrote:^This thread was locked?

This has been happening a lot lately here at Railroad.Net. What is going on?
Some on here do not know how to act as adults.
Noel Weaver
 #990629  by kingfish

This is quite the discussion happening on NYSW power and has been interesting.
I have not posted lately due to work and losing my password. Having said that I will post up reality in the next day or two.

BTW, I am the CMO for NYSW and definitely know what is to transpire...

Cheers,

Kingfish
 #990630  by scottychaos

Going back through several threads and forums, I have compiled what I believe is the current status of the "CEFX leasers"..
(im working on updating my NYSW roster page)

November 2011 - a set of CEFX GP20D units are being leased by NYSW, CEFX 2010 and 2029

November 2011 - Five CEFX SD40M-2 units are also now on NYSW, also leased..these were originally SP and ATSF SD45's.
the five SD40M-2's are CEFX 3124, 3126, 3131, 3143 and 3147, all in the CEFX blue scheme and with their original SD45 carbodies.

November 2011 - and an 8th CEFX leaser, SD40-2 CEFX 3108, in Grey.

November 2011 - and the next big "CEFX leaser" news of 2011, reports state NYSW will perhaps be buying as many as Eight SD60 units from CEFX!
As of November 2011, this news is all still nebulous..more details as they become available.

corrections welcome.
thanks,
Scot