Railroad Forums 

• Mount Arlington Station

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#641092  by PullmanCo

Who says that Andover service will be using the dual modes
Who says they won't?

Re:

#641152  by cruiser939

PullmanCo wrote:
Who says that Andover service will be using the dual modes
Who says they won't?
Thank you Pullman for proving my point that no one knows and therefore no assumptions should be made. I only posed that question as a rebuttle to northjerseybuff's statement that the new service to Andover would be using Dula-modes as a way to back up his theory.
 #641253  by northjerseybuff

Andover will most definitely be using dual mode service. I went to the meetings for the cutoff, and that was the selling point to get them "on board" so to speak and sell it to them. You guys are all making assumptions..read whats really going on..and look at when andover will be done and when the dual modes arrive..coincidence?
 #641264  by DutchRailnut

Well you in your wishfull dreams, are making assumption that the Dual modes will work ;-)

#641306  by PullmanCo

Don't MN's dual-modes work?

Re:

#641403  by Port Jervis

PullmanCo wrote:Don't MN's dual-modes work?
Apples and oranges. High voltage AC catenary dual modes are a whole different animal, one which has no real precedent. And even the third rail DC dual modes have had their issues, especially on the LIRR.
 #641444  by cruiser939

northjerseybuff wrote:Andover will most definitely be using dual mode service. I went to the meetings for the cutoff, and that was the selling point to get them "on board" so to speak and sell it to them. You guys are all making assumptions..read whats really going on..and look at when andover will be done and when the dual modes arrive..coincidence?
Yes, it is a coincidence. Let's say the delivery of the dual modes gets delayed. Is NJT also going to delay opening up the line to Andover? I think not.

As for what you heard at the cutoff meetings, of course NJT used the dual modes as a selling point. It would be stupid not to. Plans change though as they mature, look at ARC. I personally made no assumptions and was only cautioning you to do the same.

Here's an assumption if you want it though: Mount arlington (the topic at hand btw) will get weekend service before Andover does.
 #641449  by Port Jervis

cruiser939 wrote:
northjerseybuff wrote:Andover will most definitely be using dual mode service. I went to the meetings for the cutoff, and that was the selling point to get them "on board" so to speak and sell it to them. You guys are all making assumptions..read whats really going on..and look at when andover will be done and when the dual modes arrive..coincidence?
Yes, it is a coincidence. Let's say the delivery of the dual modes gets delayed. Is NJT also going to delay opening up the line to Andover? I think not.

As for what you heard at the cutoff meetings, of course NJT used the dual modes as a selling point. It would be stupid not to. Plans change though as they mature, look at ARC. I personally made no assumptions and was only cautioning you to do the same.

Here's an assumption if you want it though: Mount arlington (the topic at hand btw) will get weekend service before Andover does.
NJT uses the dual modes as a selling point for everything. That's why it pushes them instead of increased electrification, since they can be sold to everyone, not just the lines which would warrant electrification.

Personally, I'd expect Andover service to not differ much from Hackettstown service....Hoboken diesels with a transfer at either Dover or MSU.
 #1447953  by time

Just wondering what the ridership is at this station, now that it's been open for some time. Does anyone have official ridership stats, or take the train from here and has an idea of general ridership?
 #1448100  by EuroStar

As per official NJ ridership report for fiscal year 2014, the number you are looking is 93 average weekday. Now I cannot tell you if that is boardings or boardings and alightings together though. I do not have more recent data handy.
 #1448172  by time

Thank you for finding that info. 94 seems like decent ridership. If the level of service were better, I'm sure you could double or triple that number in the next 10 years.
 #1448304  by CentralValleyRail

time wrote:Thank you for finding that info. 94 seems like decent ridership. If the level of service were better, I'm sure you could double or triple that number in the next 10 years.
There are two trains that go to Port Morris that should and could make stops there but go X from Dover to Port Morris..
 #1448332  by time

That's annoying. I'm sure there are excuses. Do they X from Port Morris to Dover in the a.m. as well?