Railroad Forums 

• LA&L, WNYP, B&H Train Movements 2008

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#556459  by EMTRailfan

I'm laging behind in post, but my brother and I chased the ME-1 on 11July2008. Started in Meadville to see the rear of the train just leaving the yard from McHenry St. Got ahead of him at Wilson Chute, but the shot didn't turn out good. Same for the shot from Cochranton. The rest of them are below. I learned something new that day listening to the scanner. I always thought that the Rouseville Indust. Track ran both RR and physically the same direction, but they are opposite, which makes sense now that I think about it. Once on the Franklin Secondary it all starts opposite since the main from Meadville east is actual and RR true.

Utica Train Station

Sugar Creek

Oil City rejuvination project. Compare to this shot of a similar angle taken in the early 1950's by Lloyd Kern: http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPictur ... id=1069829

McClintock Yard

RT 8 Rynd Farm crossing RR SB. Conductor jumping off to toss the derail.

Rynd Farm Interchange with OC&T. I guess 12 cars is all the interchange can hold. The conductor is switching sides to reverse the switch back onto the main after spotting 421 past the CH.

RT 8 Rynd Farm crossing RR NB headed for home.
 #556979  by thebigham

Olean Yard last night...

I was there about 8:20pm. It was getting dark so I didn't take any pics.

By the sand tower, 431 (being started by an employee), 636 and 4510.

In the yard coupled onto a train, 630 and 430.

Chris
 #558735  by the1jp

Monday July 21 420&425 NB thru Avon at around 9 Am Left with 15 cars after picking up two bulkhead flats used for utility poles.
The crew arrived back about 330pm dropped off two tankers and then headed south with around 20 cars in the midst of a summer downpour.
jp
 #559240  by railwatcher

7/23/08 LAL southbound rolled out of Avon yard shortly after 2 pm. Sorry, but I didnt see the power, but assume it was both #425 AND #420 as they are the only road power.
 #563962  by Lehighton_Man

Caught LA&L Northbound with 425-420 in Avon, with 5 tankers around 11:10 am this morning, and then again this afternoon around 4:30 southbound with full train in Industry/Rush. I couldnt see the entire train, so im guessing it had a good 25-30 cars behind the 2 locomotives. I was in the cab of 1843 with Luther B. at the RGVRRM shuffling cars around, when the afternoon train rolled by. The grade crossing project there at rt, 251 is done, all new rail cribbing installed, and new blacktop put in. im sure traffic will resume to normal soon.
Sean
 #570279  by railwatcher

West bound WNYP ZYT-21 at 5:15pm ( the 5:15 was right on time!) rolled through Belmont this afternoon with #424 leading #630 and a consist of 5 or 6 cars. I did not see the eastbound move. But, no doubt some revenue is going west. Two cars were centerbeam flats loaded. I havent seen #424 in a while in motion, having been up in LAL land. Interesting combination of power, #424 and #630.