• Jobs based out of Pine Aire?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

by shmshm

still no response on this? seems like theyve been there for a pretty long time now.

by shmshm

still no response on this? seems like theyve been there for a pretty long time now.

by Nova55

They seem to have extended the Pilgrim siding a few car lengths back in the past few months. Maybe 5-8ish.
  by freightguy

I remember some monies being set aside in 2004/05 from NYS. I think one plan wanted to extend the Pilgrim Double ended Freight siding all the way to Fifth Avenue in Brentwood. Another phase of the project included adding an additional track alongside the Pineaire Back Track on Westside. Either one would help with storage issues East of Fresh Pond Junction. I do not have the link to the articles highlighting the funds appropiated from New York State gov't.

by shmshm

yea nova, i know they extended it back but i was just curious about the hoppers that seemed to be permanently stored at the end of the siding. whatever, i guess i'll just wait and see what happens..

by jayrmli

Gotta store the cars somewhere, now that Deer Park is considered an affluent community, you can't store them there either. :wink:

Jay
  by The Tenth Legion

Has the damage to the trackage from last week's derailment been repaired yet and the siding made usable? Thanks.
  by jayrmli

I wouldn't expect the west switch to be usable for quite awhile.

Jay
  by The Tenth Legion

I passed over on the Sagtikos Pkwy. southbound this morning, and glimpsed some sort of obstruction on the west end of the siding. What is it? Thanks.
  by mainline

Its one of the garbage gondolas on its side. One is still standing by the switch. You can get a better view traveling west on Pine Aire drive.
  by The Tenth Legion

Why hasn't that car been removed and repairs made to the switch and track of the siding?
  by The Tenth Legion

Anything new about when the west end of the siding is going to be repaired? Why wasn't it done immediately after the derailment? I would think things have been somewhat aggravating for the crews working out there, having to pull past the siding and then back into it.
  by SOO4601

I've heard that the switch is back in place.
  by The Tenth Legion

Passing over early this morning on the S/B Sagtikos Pkwy., it looked like that cut of loaded gondolas is still spotted down at the west end of the siding.
  by The Tenth Legion

Has the west end of the siding been repaired yet?