Railroad Forums 

• Jobs based out of Pine Aire?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #87201  by Johnny F

What operations are currently run out of the office / siding at Pine Aire where the old spur to Pilgrim State hospital left the main line? I often see a NY&A train on the siding and was wondering if it was just getting out of the way of a LIRR passenger run or if this siding was a mid-island staging for NY&A runs further east. Thanks in advance.

#87275  by mainline

RS60/50 are based at Pine Aire. No customers on the hospital track. The 60 switches Elm and AJM Packaging on the back track. RS 60 usually works east from Pine Aire to Southold. RS 50 is the hauler to Fresh Pond and works the Wyandanch, Farmingdale area. RS 60 leaves Pine Aire to head east usually around 9A.M.

#87283  by tushykushy

The RS-80 works the Farmingdale/Wyndanch area (Coastal, Island Container, Marjam).

#87312  by Knife-Switch

The RS-80 works the Farmingdale/Wyndanch area (Coastal, Island Container, Marjam).
Yeah...that's right.....You tell 'em Kushy.... YUMYUMYUM

#87830  by mainline

Sorry Knife switch. I must have forgotten the 80. I haven't taken up standing in the dark chasing trains yet.

#88050  by tushykushy

LOL, it isn't all that bad mainline. I mean I get the best of both worlds when I chase knife's train. I get to see the RS-50 pass thru.

#90909  by Legio X

How much snow fell out in Pine-Aire? Was NYA service affected, or did they slug it out as best they and their locomotives could?

#98743  by Legio X

What is the track configuration at Pine Aire? Is there a yard, or sidings? Is access possible from both the east and the west? Does NYA have an office there, and are locomotives kept there between runs?

#98871  by mainline

Pine Aire DEF has switches on the west end and east end off main track 1. The DEF is a long siding. LIRR terminology is the hospital track on the west end which ran into the Pilgrim State Hospital(Pilgrim Spur). LIRR Terminology for the east track is the back track. The NYA makes up their trains on this track and also serves Elm and AJM off the back track. This track goes north as far as AJM on Emjay blvd. Even though the track goes as far as Premier Store Fixtures its not in good shape. The building to the south of Premier has asphalted over the tracks for their back parking lot. NYA RS 50/60 is based out of Pine aire with a trailer. Facility is fenced in with the LIRR ROW also stationed there. I wouldn't wander around this locale unless you know somebody.

#158006  by Legio X

Each weekday evening I now cross over the Main Line at Pine Aire Dr. on the N/B Sagtikos Pkwy. Usually, east of the overpass, NYA locomotives are visible along with a cut of cars, laying over. Of late GP38-2's have been what I've seen, facing west. Do these units make a westbound run after dark, to Queens, perhaps? They're gone when I pass early in the morning, around 0515.

#158069  by mainline

What your seeing is the RS50 train before heading to Fresh Pond.

#168213  by Legio X

Where are the trains from Pine Aire going to be relocated to? There was a post on the "Medford" thread that said these trains were no longer to originate here.

#168435  by jayrmli

Only The Cowboy Knows. Scheduled kill date is September 30th.

Jay

#168462  by Bdawson266

THE "MEN" ARE NOT HAPPY! This should be some funny times. Jay if you come out here from Fresh Pond you have my number I bet we can have plenty of Pizza Parties At YA or AH.. HA HA HA YOU MIGHT NOT EVEN MAKE IT THAT FAR BACK! JUST OPEN YOUR POCKETS
 #168581  by freightguy

With the closing of Pineaire don't forgot to get your last shots of the equipment operating out of this terminal. These trains used to start out of PW long siding by New Highway and moved East for more reliable costumer service. These two jobs will be moved 40 miles to the West to serve the forever growing costumer base out here. As previously stated maybe they'll(NYA) will start a job out of Hicksville centrally located at mile post 24. High fuel cost also played a major role in this job relocation I suspect. The fuel is alot cheaper in the city.

If this goes through I would like to operate the recrew van like the Class I's have when they outlaw. Remember t-minus 2 weeks to witness New York and Atlantic operations based out of Pineaire!