Railroad Forums 

• Ethanol Plant - Medina, NY

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

#483620  by NS59

The empties & 2 CSX wide cabs are sitting in Knowlesville as of 12/24. The power is West out so it looks as if the shoved the train out there from Medina after unloading. I grabbbed a few shots from the Rout 31A overpass near Agway yesterday.

#483623  by AJ1804

they are probally going to take the train back wed morning sometime i think the falls road local runs tommarrow as well i hope ur pics turned out great

AJ

#484460  by med-train

NS59 wrote:The empties & 2 CSX wide cabs are sitting in Knowlesville as of 12/24. The power is West out so it looks as if the shoved the train out there from Medina after unloading. I grabbbed a few shots from the Rout 31A overpass near Agway yesterday.
Picture of corn train #3 at Knowlesville on 12/24/07. The bridge is actually NY-31. NY-31A is about 1.5 miles south of here.

#484843  by Challenger3985

med-train.. Thanks for a great shot. I think its the coolest thing seeing CSX power on the FRRR, plus!... look at all those cars!

One of these days i'll get my butt out there to take shots as well. Any idea when they might do any ethanol move?

#484969  by med-train

I don't know for sure; but, they have been coming in on Sunday night so far.

#485250  by med-train

Challenger3985 wrote:med-train.. Thanks for a great shot. I think its the coolest thing seeing CSX power on the FRRR, plus!... look at all those cars!

One of these days i'll get my butt out there to take shots as well. Any idea when they might do any ethanol move?
The ethanol cars have been going out on a fairly regular basis, about 10 to 20 at a time. The FRR local is now scheduled to operate from Lockport to Brockport servicing the Medina Ethanol plant M-W-F; formerly they ran on Monday and Thursday. As business increases additional runs may operate.

Corn trains are picked up by FRR crews at Junction Road on CSX just west of Lockport and taken to the plant for unloading which takes about 11-12 hours, trains are supposed to move right back to CSXT, but holiday vacations have stabbed the first 3 corn trains as has been noted earlier. The corn trains operate on the FRR with the same CSX symbol i.e.: G334.

#485377  by Farmer Joe

Hey Challenger!

I sent you a private message. Check it tonight if you can........

Joe

#485883  by Challenger3985

med-train wrote:
NS59 wrote:The empties & 2 CSX wide cabs are sitting in Knowlesville as of 12/24. The power is West out so it looks as if the shoved the train out there from Medina after unloading. I grabbbed a few shots from the Rout 31A overpass near Agway yesterday.
Picture of corn train #3 at Knowlesville on 12/24/07. The bridge is actually NY-31. NY-31A is about 1.5 miles south of here.

To bad this train didn't actually come from the East :(