• Ethanol Plant - Medina, NY

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

by Challenger3985

Med-train, thanks for posting these images. Now, did 1802 move in all the tank cars into the siding?

I would have loved to known they were going to get the tankers yesterday :(.

by med-train

The drop was done in three moves. 25 came in on 11/8, 10 on 11/12 and 35 on 11/14. I didn't see them come in. I only drove by and saw the engine with cars back off of the main on Wed. and grabbed the camera. It was a nasty rainy day.

They don't call around to announce these things.

by Challenger3985

They don't call around to announce these things.
I figured such, but what I mean is... I'm sure someone here had to know when. Oh well.

Thanks for the info Med-train

by AJ1804

they went by today about 930 with i think about 15 new tank cars heading for the plant in medina anyone know when the first train of corn would be comming in.

AJ

by Challenger3985

More tanks!... Yahoo!

by agvter

I just received an email from a friend and he told me that the first Falls Road RR grain train is to be ordered out of Hamler, Ohio sometime this evening or night>>Sunday December 9th, symbolized G-334- (09 ?) it will have CSXT 7632 and 7558 for power and the CSXT power will run through to the plant. He didn't have anything else on it. Maybe some of you may me able to catch it. Good luck. DMV

by AJ1804

could u keep us posted on when csx is going to deliver i take it they would be using csx frequency i think its 160.800 so maybe with those who has scanners could here something also.

AJ

by Challenger3985

yes, please keep us updated.. Be very appreciated if you did :D..

Thanks

by Farmer Joe

The first corn train ran tonight after dark. Unsure of the units as I could not get out to see it. I'm sure that the GVT crews that post here will fill us in on the details. Its not a good night to be out there spotting cars, plus its the first time for unloading a unit train. Hopefully it will go smoothly.

Joe

by WNYP431

The monster was brought in by two GE widecabs, lead by CSXT #248...unloading cars averaged about 9 minutes from spot to respot, and everything went really well, despite the weather. We had short breaks in the unloading about every four hours or so. Ooof.

2035 is in full swing with the peddler freights on M, W, & F's......1802 is currently getting a bath, and has her hair up in curlers.....1804 is in the sauna relaxing as well.

by AJ1804

glad to hear everything went well how long does it take to dump the whole train and head out. glad to see that the falls is back on M W F schedule again. prob due to the oncomming traffic. is the grain going to come in every saturday.

Thanks AJ

by AJ1804

CSX Went through tonight about 1930 i heard them on my scanner i did not know how many cars i bet they were trying to get one last load in before christmas

AJ

by Farmer Joe

Thanks for the update, AJ. The crews must be exhausted after another all-nighter in the wind and snow. Moving that train 54 feet at a time sure can take a while to unload.

I also wonder if the local was running today. After all it is a Monday and there are probably ethanol cars to move out. I have not heard if they were going to run.

Thanks again for the info.

Joe

by Challenger3985

Would make sense to take the load of empties back today after unloading them all throughout the night. I was thinking about going out there today, but i'm a bit under the weather from yesterdays warm up.. blah!

by Farmer Joe

I thought about going out there today, too, especially if they were running the local. I don't get too many monday's off from work to catch it. I don't think they are running as I would have probably heard.

Last week they kept the empty corn train at the plant for a couple of days because CSX didn't want it until the weather cleared. My GUESS is that this train will stay at the plant until after Christmas. CSX crews will be sparse until then. Like I said, just my guess...........

Joe