Railroad Forums 

• Current status of locomotives

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #919148  by SR4501

mainline wrote:With the 261 having a patched paint job I'll take it. They still didn't finish the 268 a little short on the white striping. Any idea when the 155 will be painted? The SW1001's ?
the 261 was in its orignal green/white nya livery. the green was fading, the yellow primer was showing through, and you could in some spots see the old lirr blue/white livery. it was ratty looking. while it was out on the road, and then parked in brentwood, it was tagged heavily with graffitti on one side. when the unit made it's way back home, they decided to touch her up. well, it would wind up being that they re-painted her with a fresh coat of paint back to it's orignal nya livery, except they painted the the cab roof white. as for the other locomotives, i did not ask, or even think to, this was just a passing conversation killing time.
 #921349  by SR4501

Here she is.. Taken WITH Permission
 #921600  by workextra

Get one from Atlas and paint it up, I think the trucks would be wrong though.
Nothings says you can't make a "what if" for your own enjoyment.
 #950211  by DogBert

Anyone hear anything new on this potential genset?

One can guess that 9321 will become either the mother or slug of the set. It's been pushed far back in the west end of Fresh Pond, where it has sat for months now.
 #955400  by SR4501

NYA 261 FRESH POND (TAKEN WITH PERMISSION)
 #955401  by SR4501

NYA 101 (HOOD) FRESH POND (TAKEN WITH PERMISSION)
 #955403  by SR4501

LAYED UP NYA POWER FRESH POND (TAKEN WITH PERMISSION)